Over 400 pounds

Options
Hey everyone. I am just getting started, and am looking for other people with so much to lose. It seems like a very long dark tunnel and I can't do this alone.

Replies

• emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!

This is a great support system.

Good luck on your journey we're all here to support you :flowerforyou:
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I have 123lbs to lose... so I am here for the long haul too! I started at 297lbs and am down to about 273 (my lowest last year was 265).. the holidays put on about 12lbs so I am still fighting the holiday weight gain!
  • AshaDidIt
    AshaDidIt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's the very best part about this site. You are NOT alone. There is more support here than in a gym, at the nutritionist's office, anywhere. Feel free to add me.
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    You can absolutely do this! Take it one day at a time. You can do it! =)
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are so happy to have you here:) You're gonna love it! Stick with us and you will get there:)
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Welcome to MFP. I don't need to lose as much as you but you're not alone. Add me as a friend, I would love to encourage and support you on your journey. This is a wonderful website full of wonderful people and great ideas.

Congratulations and I'm looking forward to seeing you progress.

Take care

Carrie
  • fit4lifeministries
    Options
    You can do this. I was over 300lbs and lost a total of 154lbs in a year and a half. Our testimony is on the website www.fit4lifeministries.org if you want to know more. I would love to be a sounding board if you need to scream, holler, cuss and yell during your journey. Prayer also helps! You can do this - it's possible!
  • DRAGONGIRL91
    Options
    Hi I am losing 160lbs. I weighed 400. Now I weigh 320. I got 160 to go. You can do it. let's be friends
  • shannygoat
    Options
    You're not alone. We all have this cross to bear. It's a hard road, and some days suck more than others, but I'm here if you wanna talk, or if you need support. Add me as a friend! Good luck!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)
    You have defiantly come to the right place. we are all here for the same reason!
    & we are all here to support each other.

good luck on your journey! You CAN do this :)
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. When I started here & on my diet I was over 400 lbs. I am now happy to say that I have lost over 60 lbs, with diet & exercise but most importantly..... My friends here! The support of the people here on MFP is amazing. Strangers, people I will probably never meet, encouraging me to keep going, its amazing! Even if it takes me a long time to reach my goal, they will still be there for me.
    I dont log my food on here like I should, but I come here for the friendly support, when I struggle to stay on my diet, I come here. When I have a great day, I come here. Even when I have a bad day, I come here. People here are just incredible!

welcome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mtate914
    Options
    Welcome aboard. We are all here for you.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    oh girl!! we've got this!! You're int he right place :)
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Hi! There are a lot of us here that have a lot to lose. You are in the right place! :) Feel free to add me if you want another friend :)
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome in our big MFP family! Everyone give you great support! I had over 200 lbs to lose a few months ago... I'm doing it step by step... day by day... I love this website and my new friends on here!

We can help each other if you want!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too. I haven't even posted a pic yet or done my profile or anything. My highest weight was 317. I got down to 261 on my own and then a friend turned me on to MFP. I'm 3 days in. My goal is 160 so I have about 100#s to go! Hang in there! We can do this! So far, this site is full of great folks who are so encouraging! How can we fail with all of this love around us? We really DO understand how hard it is to lose because---here we all are--looking to lose!!!
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    WOW. I am so happy to hear from you guys. I am so down today about life and everything in general...a major case of mopes.I really appreciate the replies. Please please add me....I need all the support I can get, and will do what I can to support you all as well. We are all on the same journey....
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am totally wishing I could weigh myself on an accurate scale. I don't know if my calories are low enough or not because I can't see if it is working. I think my clothes are looser, but they were so loose to start with - I make my clothes and everything is baggy on me.
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and I'm really liking what I'm reading. I also have ALOT of weight to lose (at least 150lbs) It seems like such a long haul, I have lost large amounts of weight in the past, but I have always gained it back. Now I am at the heaviest I've ever been and it is effecting my knees and my back - I can barely walk around. This makes it hard to exercise this time too. In the past I went to gyn almost every night of the week and loved it, but now it would kill me. I'm hoping that as I start to lose some of this weight I will be able to do more in the way of exercise. I think it's great how we can all heop each other out and give each other encouragement on this site. Can't wait to make some good friends here!
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP I weighed 424. I have lost and regained so many times I lost count. :embarassed:
    Never got back up to my highest (Thank God), but I cant seem to keep the numbers going down on a regular basis.

I am visiting this page today to run an idea of mine by you all and get some feed back.
    Since I seem to be so easily discouraged by the massive amount of weight I need to loose, I was thinking of changing my weight loss ticker from my "ultimate goal" to smaller goals (such as 50 pound lots) so that I see the ticker approaching the "end" faster.
    I would then create a new ticker for the next 50... maybe that will help keep me encouraged. :smile:

Any thoughts on this idea??