30 Day Shred & Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism

Options
I'm sure there has been plenty of talk around this, but I just have a few questions....

Do you do 30 day Shred every day? Should there be a rest in between? How many calories does it burn? Have you seen results from this workout.

Also has anyone seen results with Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism? Can I alternate the two along with No More Trouble zones?

I seriously cannot find the time to get to the gym. I am a single mother, and all my time centers around my daughter. After work we don't get home until 6, then there's dinner to make and homemwork/baths, etc. Where can I get gym in there? So I want to do workouts at home and purchased the above DVD's. I'd just like your opinion on them or if you can suggest any others.

Thanks!

Replies

• melindapipkin
    Options
    i have all of those dvds too. i saw results with the no more trouble zones, i try to do one dvd a day and just alternate them, i really like jillian she is hardcore
  • EmilyAnna86
    Options
    Hello! I've just started doing the 30 Day Shred. It kicks your butt, but I can tell a difference in the way I feel and look. You have to do the 20 minutes workout EVERY single day, even the weekends. I have only been doing it for almost a week. I'm not sure how many calories it burns. I would think being a single mom (like yourself) this would be a great DVD to do every night and get a good workout, without sacrificing time with your little one. Good luck!!!
  • kmvbear
    kmvbear Posts: 16
    Options
    I just completed my first Shred workout. It is good stuff! My whole body feels like Jello! Hahaha! I burned 286 calories for the 25 minute workout. I use a Polar F7 HRM to track all of my workouts. It really had my heart rate increased. The cool down at the end was nice. I love JM, she will kick your booty! It's supposed to be done 7 days a week for 30 days to see best results. Since it's only 25 minutes I have dedicated the first 25 minutes of naptime to "Shred Time"! Sounds corney. I enjoyed it and am impressed with how many calories I was able to burn in such a short amount of time. Best of luck!
  • rache12581
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mommy of a 5 & a half month old. I have been doing 30 DS for 3 weeks now & have lost 9 pounds. I love that it's only 20 minutes b/c it seems like 20 min. is all I have lately. I think after week 4 I might switch between all of JM's other dvd workouts....as long as I have longer than 20 minutes to workout lol
    Good Luck to you all, WE CAN DO THIS :smile:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I finished day 9 on level 1 today on the 30day shred. I do it every morning. Haven't missed yet. Starting level 2 on Thursday. It's a great workout in a short amout of time. Like you I'm a working mom with kids (4). So my schedule is similar. I have been working out at 5:15 in the morning before getting everyone up to start the day. I have counted it as 25 min of aerobics. That way I know from the begining of the day how many calories I have. So far I have been logging in for 15 days, 9 days of shred and have lost 5 pounds. I also feel so much better and my clothes already fit better.
    Good Luck!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom (2 year old twin boys) and i ONLY workout at home. I've never seen the inside of a gym, and I don't intend too ;))
    I'm on Day 20 today of the 30 day shred. I've done this workout every single day (for the past 20). I haven't noticed a lot of weight lost but I have lost a few inches. I checked my measurements & weight on my mid-point (day 15) i had lost 2lbs and 4 inches. Hoping to see more by the end of Day 30 but we'll have to see.
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Ive just bought the 30 Day Shred. It seems to be getting fab reviews. Looking forward to toning up although quite scared aswell as it sounds real hard!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm almost finished with my first attempt at 30 Day Shred. I'm on Day 29 tomorrow. It is definitely hard and she kicks your butt like you know she would. I do it every single day, even on weekends and trust me, it definitely takes a lot of mental prep because there were so many days where I just wanted to quit. I've logged every single day that I've done the work out..mostly I was just venting!

As for result: So far I've lost 8.6lbs and definitely lost inches around my mid drift. I didn't take my measurements like I should have but my clothes definitely feel much much looser. Her lower ab exercises are crazy hard but for the first time in my life, I can actually see my lower ab flatting out a bit!

I highly recommend it but you really have to be diligent about it. Some people take 40 days to do it because or work or life or just really needed a rest day. If you need a rest day, take it, don't overexert yourself. As long as you don't give yourself more than a day off (unless you're injured or something!), you should be okay.

I'm going to start her 30 Day Slimdown in Feb and it incorporate the Shred, the boost your metabolism and no more trouble zone workouts. Hopefully that's going to work just as well!

Good luck Shredding!

Tiffany
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add: I log it as Circuit Training and I use a Heart Rate Monitor to track kcal burned. I burn around 200kcal each work out. I'm 5'2 and currently 150lbs. x
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of the 30DS and am having a bit of anxiety of moving to Level 2 on Saturday. I just got to the part where I can walk again. I have a lot of weight to lose but I think I have already lost 5 of the 70 I'd like to lose. I measured on day 4 and can't wait to measure again on day 15. I am trying hard to stay off the scale because I have read that most people lose inches not weight on 30DS and I don't want to lose momentum. Although at my weight and previous inactivity I don't know how I couldn't lose weight on this. She is tough.
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I have decided to just give this a go for 30 days. After 30 days I will incorporate the other two dvd's I have (BFBM and NMTZ). I do want to lose weight, but right now I will settle for inches and any weight that falls off will be a bonus.

I tell you , since I hit 49 it has been so hard to lose weight. I have never struggled the way I have the past year! My problem has been I would get discouraged and then just quit. it was because I would shoot to high and do too much then get discouraged because it took too long in the day and end up quitting before I even got started. So this 25 minute workout will be great for easing back in. I did it yesterday for the first day, I was able to keep up pretty much (except for the anterior raises - I had to drop the weights to my side half way in but kept up the legs). I was not very sore today, although it was rather tough to do.

Today I feel great, was able to keep up (except for the anterior raises again!) It was tough at the end of the jumping jacks, and jump rope but I pushed myself to do it.

I am excited, maybe for once I can finish some exercise I start since the half hour is not too much of a time commitment. I can do it at 5:00 when I get up then it's done for the day. I work in a hospital on the 7th floor, so I have been walking at lunch and also using the stairs up and down from the basement to the 7th floor. I can tell that is getting easier because getting to the 5th floor isn't as bad as it used to be!

I need to cut out the junk too (I ate an entire back of mini valentine snickers from Friday-Sunday...me all by myself with no help from my daughter!! YIKES

Thanks for your input. I wasn't sure if I should do the 30 day shred every day or not, i am so glad you have cleared that up for me :smooched:
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have both and decided to alternate the days. I prefer to give my strength training muscles as much rest as possible and 30 DS seems to do more of that than BFBM. Plus, I don't get as bored doing the same exercises every day. I also take one day a week off from exercise.

They are good DVD's for pushing you to your limits!
  • Corrinamchale
    Options
    Hi - didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question so hope no-one minds me tagging it on here!

I've started doing the 30 Day Shred and I'm not sure how to record it in my exercise tracker - I can't seem to find it on the database! Does anyone know if it's included on the database? Can anyone tell me how they've added it to their daily tracker/diary?

Thanks for your help!
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi - didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question so hope no-one minds me tagging it on here!

I've started doing the 30 Day Shred and I'm not sure how to record it in my exercise tracker - I can't seem to find it on the database! Does anyone know if it's included on the database? Can anyone tell me how they've added it to their daily tracker/diary?

Thanks for your help!

You can log it as circuit training and it will give you a rough estimate :)