Couch to 25K or 30 Day Shred

Options
Currently to this point I have just been monitoring my foods and not doing any real exercise :devil: , but I think to see the larger loss that i need (have 75lbs to lose only losing about 1lb/week with diet only) I will have to start doing something other than just sitting on my large backside. :blushing:

I have the 30 day Shred video and a treadmill (borrowed so only have til April) so I was thinking about whether one was better than the other, or should I do both on alternating days..like Monday, Wed, Fri do Shred and Tues, Thurs, Sat do Couch and be lazy on Sun's? I am a single parent with two busy kids so wouldn't have time to do both each night and also can't get out to a gym.

Opinions and suggestions wanted and welcome

Replies

• genevaturtle
    genevaturtle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat except I have no kids only dogs to spend time with. I have a treadmill and the 30-day Shred. I try to alternate. I love to get up early and get on the treadmill, it really gets my day going and alternating days I put in the 30-day Shred although it makes me very sore and I then don't do it for a few weeks and just use my faithful treadmill. would love to hear what you end up deciding!
  • toddgaines
    Options
    It's definitely a preference thing. My wife did C25K with 30 day shred on the off days. They are 2 very different things. C25k is strictly cardio, where as 30DS is a lot of strength exercises mixed with some cardio. Doing them at the same time should give you a great mix and your body should respond nicely to it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Do Both.

30 Day Shred I would alternate days. She does a lot of compound moves that can be hard on the knees. Doing the same body part each day in a row may be rough. By jogging your not hitting the joints in the same way. I would also recommend a good stretch/yoga workout to do on your 4th workout day. Jillian Michaels has yoga meltdown that you might like to check out. Also, have a complete rest day on the 7th day.