Ready to lose "Myself" ;)

Options
I joined MyFitnessPal after I noticed a friend of mine always had update feeds of exercise and weight loss on FB. I have always been athletic and muscular-but after 3 1/2 years of nursing school, studying has took it's toll on my body. I am never getting enough sleep and very seldom do I get enough calories in for the day. I think my body went into starvation mode and held onto alot of what I was eating. I am a full time nanny daily running after 3 young children and recently their parents added me to their gym membership. I took the initiative and now the kids and I go to the gym for 11/2-2 hrs 3 times a week. Not everyone can say they have the opportunity to workout at work. I have always been above 150 just because of my muscle mass-but I'd like to try and break my plateau and hopefully shoot for 145. Standing 5'7 I am borderline 200 lbs. Everyone I have honestly asked has said I carry myself very well and I don't look near that weight. Bottom line is I'm not happy with my body. So with MyFitnessPal and my friends support I can't wait to conquer this goal. I have never lost weight in the past but my sister lost over 70 lbs and to me 55 looks doable! I'm so thankful there are all these other people out there fighting the same battle as me! Good luck to everyone and keep your eye on the prize.... Literally!!! I keep a photo of myself two years ago in my wallet, every time I open it I see the happy healthy me!

Megan~

Replies

• nataliemra
    Options
    Hi Megan! Welcome, and good luck on your journey!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

Good luck on your path to a healthier you! MFP has helped me in the short time that I've been here, and everyone is so supportive.

Hope you have a great day!
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Welcome! Keep up the good work outs!
  • heathergale1
    heathergale1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan
    Good luck on your quest. Stay focused and postive and before you know it those excess pounds will be dropping off to reveal the new you!
    Cheers
    Heather
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck at meeting and exceeding your goals!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Megan! thats great motivation, i joined this thing because my co worker joined and started to lose some weight. I, like you carry the weight well, Dr's can't believe i weight what i weight. But its time for a change!! We also have the sister thing in common, my younger sister lost about 30 lbs and has kept it off, i feel i simply don't have the time or motivation. I also joined a gym recently and i hope to go 3 times a week.. Lets do this!

Denise
  • JillLangley
    JillLangley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, Megan.
  • dsweet42
    Options
    Hi everybody,Im denise. my friend told me about fitnesspal and said it is working for her. im hoping it will
    help me,im struggling so bad with weightloss!! I have alot of things working against me,thyroid diease,taking lyrica,
    which side affect weight gain!! so im hoping coming here will help!!
  • Shay127
    Shay127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • TakingBackMyLife2005
    Options
    Welcome to the team!! We are all here working towards the same goal.... Look forward to hearing/seeing your success.