HELP! i need motivation!!

Options
uuugghhh, ive been on a crazy eating binge today, i have no idea what happend, but it always seems once i start doing good i end up messing up and eating everything in sight!! I think i need some good motivation to put me in the right track! but nothing seems to work :(

Replies

• MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. We all have those days. Just get back on track and make sure that if you are craving something have a little bit of it. It is all about being happy and moderation. You can do it!!!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!! Your life is far more important than anything high calorie, sugar loaded sweet treat you can shove in your mouth!!!! Stand up, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. There's lots of people here to help you but you have to decide how much you want it!! The old saying is "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" or you can say "nothing tastes as good as healthy feels". You CAN do this, now just DO IT!!! (How was that, motivation enough???-lol)
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    This is what I do, maybe a bit wierd xD

But I idolize jillian michaels xD So i put a puc of her where ever I store food (in my dorm) and everytime i go to get food i think: I WANT to look like that!!!!

Works for me :]
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    when i have days like that, i still try to log all the crap things i ate so when i have a few great days with under 1200 calories, i can try to make it even out so that the one bad day doesn't ruin my week's progress :o)
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    All you can do is try your best not to keep sliding down that slippery slope. Don't say the whole day is shot because you ate some things you didn't want to. Just make sure you log everything you ate. That way the next time you are tempted to go there, just remember how you feel right now and you'll see how many calories you ate. My weak time is about an hour or two before dinner. I can so more damage in 30 minutes than I do then entire day. Remember, you're trying to break bad habits and make good habits. It's a process, and you're only human, so you will fail sometimes. It's all part of the process. Dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. You can do it!
  • helenamonks
    Options
    "You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there"--That is one of my favorite quotes of all time. Just because you fell off the wagon and had a moment of weakness does not mean that your day needs to be ruined. One thing I've learned from this website is that you don't have to DIET. You have to change the way you feel about food. Just because you ate a bunch of junk doesnt even mean that you have to go over your calories for the day. Record everything you ate, go for a walk to center yourself, then when you get back, prepare your food for the rest of the day, that way you're not reaching for junk just because it's quick. Your healthy food is quick b/c its already there for you. The walk will help you burn off some of those calories and if you can't work all of them off, then just shrug, and make sure you learn from your mistakes!

The best thing that you can do is NOTICE what you're doing. That way if nothing else, the guilt will slow down your eating and you wont eat tooo much junk.

I hope that helps!:)
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I can totaly relate, I do the same thing sometimes. I find that those are the days I take a break and say its ok to I can have that. As soon as I do that I dont want the junk no more or find I am eating less. For me its a frame of mind. If I cant or shouldnt I will lol most the time. The motivation is there I know you may not think so you just gotta search deep. The last several months I have struggled but this week I remembered why I am realy doing this. Its for me to be healthy!!! I do care about the clothes and looking good but the real reason is so I can move with comfort. I hope this helps :smile: You can do this!!!!
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm in the same boat you are. I've been so bad the last couple days and lack discipline! More so my problem is I want full meals and comfort foods! Like I've been craving fried chicken!!

I once read an article (a couple years ago) if you crave or binge something, like a sugary food, your body could be lacking it or you are starving your body of it. It said not cut out everything, that you should allow things with moderation. This is usually what happens to me. When I first started loosing weight I lowered my portions and ate every two hours; eating fruits, yogurt, cheese, or nuts in between meals.

I'll help you if you help me! We can find motivation together. Feel free to add me!
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and the only way I found to fix it was to only purchase healthy food. If it isn't really healthy - it isn't in my house. Then, if I do really well through the entire week I will allow myself one serving of something sweet on Sunday. Usually I will buy a candy bar or single serve brownies. If you really need motivation find a picture of someone that is truly inspiring or looks really good and post it on the fridge. I also keep my running log on the fridge so that I have to think about how far I have to run just to burn off calories from one bad snack.
  • abalina
    abalina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ahh thanks guys!!! you guys are great!! its just soooooooooo hard sometimes and the food always ends up wining :(
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have to get yourself out of the rut. I seem to sabotage myself sometimes but it doesn't last long. It does however increase the time it has taken for me to reach my goal weight.

You have to remember why you are on this journey. Is it for a moment or is it a lifestyle change? Are you doing this for vanity or for your overall well being?

Don't beat yourself up, make the decision to get back on track, remove all the detractors from your home and get back in the game.
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of water in slow sips.. When I feel like eating something .... even it still continues .. 'll go have a small bite :) and work out a bit more on that day