Looking for some healthy appetizer snacks to take to a party

Options
Tkhk0514
Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
Any suggestions would be great. I have two different parties to go to and would love to be able to bring something healthy.

Replies

• louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What about low fat houmous or tzatziki with carrot and cucumber crudites to dip?
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Hummus with veggies and pita chips?
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Veggie trey.. or fruit trays .....what about some good wraps .....
  • spuzo
    spuzo Posts: 50
    Options
    People here have posted some yummy looking recipes that can be appetizers...

Baked Egg Rolls
    Pizza Rolls using Egg Roll Wrappers
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    mini homemade pizzas on thomas's light english muffins (100 cals each & high fiber, so cut down the middle makes them 50 each) with fat free cheese & tomato sauce :o) or make a bean/salsa dip & buy the 100 cal packs of scoops to keep in your purse so you know how much you've intook while the rest of the party eats the regular tortilla chips...
  • meadows654
    Options
    Someone else posted this, so I can't take credit - but it's gotten good reviews and I'm going to make these with my daughter this weekend!

Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls

9 servings
    98 calories per serving

5 c popped popcorn
    ¼ c honey
    ¼ c creamy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Put popcorn in a large pan (like a roaster pan) and warm in the oven. In a small pan on medium heat, boil honey 1-2 minutes and then reduce heat and add peanut butter, mixing well. Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn and stir well. Tear off 9 ten-inch pieces of wax paper and place a bit more than ½ c of the mix on each sheet then fold the corners up and form the popcorn mix into a ball. Store with the wax paper on the balls at room temperature.
  • ChristinaKY
    ChristinaKY Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this Black Bean Salsa (You just have to make sure to get something healthier than plain tortilla chips to dip it with):

1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
    2 Cloves or 1 Tbls Minced Garlic
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp salt

2 Cans Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained well)
    2 Cans Shoepeg Corn (Drained)
    1 Red Bell Pepper
    1 Green Bell Pepper

Mix 1st 5 ingredients together well in a small bowl and let them stand 30 minutes while you prepare and mix the last four ingredients in a large bowl. After 30 minutes has passed, mix small bowl ingredients into large bowl ingredients.
  • ChristinaKY
    ChristinaKY Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this Black Bean Salsa (You just have to make sure to get something healthier than plain tortilla chips to dip it with):

1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
    2 Cloves or 1 Tbls Minced Garlic
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp salt

2 Cans Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained well)
    2 Cans Shoepeg Corn (Drained)
    1 Red Bell Pepper
    1 Green Bell Pepper

Mix 1st 5 ingredients together well in a small bowl and let them stand 30 minutes while you prepare and mix the last four ingredients in a large bowl. After 30 minutes has passed, mix small bowl ingredients into large bowl ingredients.
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas everyone. I love the little pizza ideas with the english muffins and the black bean salsa seems very easy too.