Body rejecting junk food? Really?

Options
After eating just one slice of pizza and two cheesy bread sticks on a "cheat day" last night (first on in 3 weeks)........... I felt ill for most of the night. My stomach felt like it was starting a riot. I think it was actually angry at me for putting that garbage in it!!! I am amazed that in just three weeks my body has begun to reject the stuff I used to put into it.

Anyone else out there finding that they don't like their junk as much anymore?

Replies

• agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a very small piece of chocolate cake at a party last night - the first one in a year - and felt nauseous for 3 hours after...SOOO not worth it!
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a very small piece of chocolate cake at a party last night - the first one in a year - and felt nauseous for 3 hours after...SOOO not worth it!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Funny how that works...you start to give your body real food. And that's what it wants!! There are a lot of things I don't eat anymore. Not because I don't like them, but I just feel like crap afterwards.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Ate some fast food and it about killed me. I was so sick. Isn't it amazing!
  • RMinVA
    Options
    Funny how that works...you start to give your body real food. And that's what it wants!! There are a lot of things I don't eat anymore. Not because I don't like them, but I just feel like crap afterwards.
  • RMinVA
    Options
  • crissi66
    Options
    i had a burger king chicken sandwhich and i literally was ill. cant even imagine eating fast food ever since that day.
  • crissi66
    Options
    i had a burger king chicken sandwhich and i literally was ill. cant even imagine eating fast food ever since that day.
  • crissi66
    Options
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    YES! i had that happen to me too....after one week....but i cant give up my cheat nite of french bread pizza...its the only thing i really have all week that is TOTALLY bad for me and love every minute....lol....ill take the one nite stomach ache....drinking a bunch of water seems to help, oh and being close to the toilet :laugh:
  • RMinVA
    Options
    I see I'm not the only person having trouble w/multiple postings. LOL!!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    About eight months after completely overhauling my diet / lifestyle, I was volunteering in the concession stand at the local minor league baseball field. After four or five hours on my feet, I had to eat *something*. My choices were a hot dog or chicken fingers. I am extremely leery of non-organic hot dogs and other processed red meat, so I went for the chicken fingers.

They tasted pretty good, because I was so hungry, but that was the end of the good part. It felt like my stomach was leading a mutiny and taking the rest of my digestive system with it. Then the headache kicked in. . . .

The only fast food I can eat anymore is Chick-Fil-A every few months or so. They fry their stuff in peanut oil, and it isn't dripping in grease, so my body doesn't react badly. Even so, a small order of waffle fries and two chicken strips are more than enough.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Our family used to eat McDonald's fairly often (couple of times a month) but over the last several months we've cut it out. I don't think we'd had McD's for almost six months. Well right around Christmas things were hectic and I didn't have time to make dinner before our Taekwondo class so my DH brought home McD's. Me and three of our four kids felt like we were going to be ill during class! All of us experienced physical discomfort from eating it but four of us REALLY experienced it. Enough so that my kids who had been previously mourning the loss of fast food were now firmly on the bandwagon and never want to eat there again! Doesn't hurt that I told them that "Chicken" McNuggets have 38 ingredients and it's questionable how much actual chicken is in them.