Help with recipes!

Options
Okay I need help finding recipes. I need a webpage/website that gives me a whole bunch of low calorie recipes with listings of the nutritional information. Anyone know of anything?

Replies

• mom2oscar
    Options
    Never mind I figured it out!

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Try hungrygirl.com, allrecipes.com, skinnytaste.com... there are several sites out there. Google recipes with nutrition info.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    www.hungrygirl.com

www.skinnytaste.com

You can always take regular recipes and substitute the low cal counterpart. For instance if it calls for sour cream use light sour cream. If it calls for milk use 2% and so forth. Submit the recipe to MFP and it will calculate the nutritional values for you.
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    www.eatbetteramerica.com
  • nrskim
    nrskim Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you tried Hungry-girl.com?
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    Cookinglight.com, Allrecipes.com, or myrecipes.com. I just found a great low cal pork chop recipe at myrecipes.com
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    eatbetteramerica.com
    sparkpeople.com
    specialk.com
  • Crazy4vws
    Options
    http://www.southbeachdiet.com/sbd/publicsite/south-beach-diet-recipes.aspx

They aren't always calorie friendly but it helps you make better choices in your calories like brown whole wheat or sugar as opposed to white or refined sugar or flour.
  • MacGyver54
    Options
    I find alot of good healthy recipes on www.prevention.com. Or just type in what you are looking for eg: low calorie tuna casserole (or low fat) and you will get a whole bunch of sites.Most cooking websites have low fat, low calorie, gluten free etc. areas. Hope this helps you.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A friend just suggested that I check out the cookbook "Cook yourself thin." I googled it and found that it is also a TV show on the Lifetime network. Just went to the website and saw some really good looking recipes. Here is the link to their recipe page: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes Good luck!!:happy:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    101cookbooks.com
    smittenkitchen.com
    thekitchn.com
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Hungry-girl.com?

I'd stay away from there- her stuff is full of processed foods and low stat, bad nutrition food ....
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    allrecipes.com is great. They have everything.
  • TrudyLea
    Options
    There are lots..

One I liked was

www.eatbetteramerica.com

All their recipes are healthy so you don't have to wade through ones that aren't to get to the ones that are.

www.eatingwell.com