rest day?

iamkelskels
iamkelskels Posts: 81
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I've worked out pretty hard the past two days, and I'm pretty sore, and wondering if maybe I should take a rest day? I heard that it's beneficial to take a day off and take it easy to help your muscles recover, but I sort of feel guilty doing that. How does everyone else feel about taking a day off?

Replies

• From what I know and listening to trainers and everything, they do recommend a rest day :happy: I always feel guilty as well so I can relate but your body does need to recover once in awhile.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    i agree with above
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    I'm following the EA active 30 day challenge and it recommends 2 days on the 1 day of rest (though I tend to go and do a little gym work out on that day... naughty naughty..)
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    on my rest day I try and just walk at a moderate pace around the neighborhood. Sometimes with friends to catch up or with my husband. Or, I walk around the park while my older kids play and me and baby take a stroller walk. It helps me feel less guilty about a rest day. And, then I don't feel as though I was "working out" I was simply enjoying the weather and the day. My suggestion would be to try to put in active fun activities for you to do on your rest days. Instead of the movies or sitting at home on a rest day - it's time to bounce at the bounce house with your kids and if you have no kids barrow some. :)
  • I think I'll just work my abs tonight, because those are basically the only part of me that's not SUPER sore. Thanks everyone :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    The program I'm on gives me Wednesday, Sat & Sun off. I like this better than when I was doing another program or even by myself - because with it (see below) it's awesome, makes me excited to do my wo's on Thurs, and on Mon & I look forward to Wednesdays & the weekends because this program WORKS you really HARD! So as long as you watch your caloric intake you should be good!
This discussion has been closed.