What's your favorite "healthy" fast food place?

Options
I love Pita Pit and Chipotle. They have calculators online so you can create your meal and see how many calories it will be! I always get a Burrito Bol from Chipotle and I have just recently discovered the "Fork Style" pitas (a salad) at Pita Pit. Great fast food options with healthy items to choose from! Subway is also good, but the 6 inch subs still don't quite fill me up enough.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Chiptole is my stand-by if I'm at work and don't have any proper food with me. I usually get the "burrito bowl" with rice, black beans, pork, peppers, onions, corn, lettuce, and salsa (no cheese or sour cream). I only wish they had brown rice.. that would make it just about perfect.
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - Fresco menu...but it's FULL of sodium.
  • sallet
    sallet Posts: 5
    Options
    :happy: Zaxby's has really grr8 zalads... They each add up to about 610 calories without the dressing. The zalads are big enough to have for lunch and dinner. So if you eat half in one sitting that's about 305calories or a lil more if you add dressing. Hopes this helps!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Either Subway (veggie or Turkey Sub) or Taco Bell (Crunchy Tacos Fresco Style) . Those are the 2 places I know I can order and stay under calories (and still feel like I ate something!). I haven't really been able to find anywhere else that I can eat and feel full without it costing me 600+ calories for one meal.
  • damejennifer
    Options
    I will have to try those! P.S. your cat is adorable!
  • paroxysm
    Options
    I like the Chinese Chop Salad (small) at Noodles and Company. 150 cals and it tastes good! you can add chicken breast and it only goes up to 280 cals --- sooooooo good!
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    Chipotle and Subway, hands down.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    SaladWorks is pretty amazing.
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    Spud-u-like, they have one in the shopping centre and i love it.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Panera bread now has the calories posted on the menu!
  • ssaemblog
    Options
    Definitely Subway and Taco Bell for the fresco menu.
  • sakos12
    Options
    Chipolte for sure. Subway advertises the ''healthy'' way but I find if I calculate it I could have made a much better sandwich that costs less and tastes better for less the calories :)

chipolte is amazing, good food, calorie counter online AND if you get the burrito salad or bowl it cuts out roughly 300 calories that are in the tortilla alone! it's my go to "dear god I have all my pre-PT tests in one week" food
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    In the UK, Pret-à-manger and Leon (mini-chain).
  • chrish1981
    Options
    Taco Bell has some delicious lo-cal alternatives.

Too much sodium, but hey: you can't win 'em all!
  • willowyn
    Options
    Panara Bread, but I stay away from the soups, mac n cheese and chili. I sometimes cave and have the veg tomato soup since it has the lowest sodium. My favorite meal there is an adjusted BBQ chop chicken salad with no bbq sauce or tortilla strips and dressing o/s. I also like the Tomato and Mozz on honey wheat with no fresh tomatos.
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Chick-Fil-A! The grilled chicken sandwich is great and it's on a wheat bun!

Also when desperate, McDonald's grilled chicken Caesar with no dressing, or for breakfast, ham and cheese McMuffin.
  • jillerin457
    Options
    For chicken nuggets or a breaded chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-a is definitely the healthiest! They also have a really good chicken soup and several salads. And in my neck of the woods, they serve Diet Dr Pepper! :D
  • thehobbyist
    Options
    I'm not overly concerned with sodium, and most of my diet is pretty clean in regards to it, so I'm all about Wendy's chili. Lots of protein, a decent but not too high amount of fat, not too many carbs, and the beans give it decent fiber. I don't care how good for me something is if it's not going to be filling, so at 220 calories for a small and 330 for a large, I'll take it, especially above a salad that doesn't keep me full for more than an hour. Also, it tastes good. That helps.