New to the site, and pretty excited.

Options
I have been using this for about a week now and it has really really helped me keep track of what I am consuming. The healthy eating has become really easy as a matter of fact, but the problem is once I run out of my good food then I eat crap. I get a check every two weeks, so I usually buy just enough food to last those two weeks then go get more of it. I dont buy anything that is junk, but if I run out early I do convert to the bad stuff a couple times, but not to bad.

Im 17, 18 next month, and I play baseball for my high school. I am 6'4'' and 270 pounds (was 277 two weeks ago). I have no problem lifting and doing cardio even though I am a bigger dude. I actually am pretty athletic, so the workout is no problem. It's just the part of me wanting to do it that sucks, haha.

I am mainly posting here because support/good praise is what really keeps me going. And I got it from two different people that didnt even know I have been working out.

The first one was my friend's mom a couple days ago. I got out of my truck and she wasn't sure it was me because I looked slimmer :smile: . She was like, "I saw you get out of your truck, but I had to do a double-take because I wasnt sure it was you. You've been losing some weight." So that really gave me a good feeling knowing my hard work has been showing.

The second was actually today when my dad was like, "Have you been working out? You look like you've lost some weight." So again it made me feel a sense of accomplishment.

However, I feel I have a long way to go to be ready for baseball season, being my senior year and all, I wasnt to be in top shape so I can get some looks for college (I have one community college that really wants me, so thats cool).

My goal is to get down to 240-250 range by the start of baseball and have much better stamina.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see some nice support from you cool people!

Replies

• bballer13333
    Options
    I have been using this for about a week now and it has really really helped me keep track of what I am consuming. The healthy eating has become really easy as a matter of fact, but the problem is once I run out of my good food then I eat crap. I get a check every two weeks, so I usually buy just enough food to last those two weeks then go get more of it. I dont buy anything that is junk, but if I run out early I do convert to the bad stuff a couple times, but not to bad.

Im 17, 18 next month, and I play baseball for my high school. I am 6'4'' and 270 pounds (was 277 two weeks ago). I have no problem lifting and doing cardio even though I am a bigger dude. I actually am pretty athletic, so the workout is no problem. It's just the part of me wanting to do it that sucks, haha.

I am mainly posting here because support/good praise is what really keeps me going. And I got it from two different people that didnt even know I have been working out.

The first one was my friend's mom a couple days ago. I got out of my truck and she wasn't sure it was me because I looked slimmer :smile: . She was like, "I saw you get out of your truck, but I had to do a double-take because I wasnt sure it was you. You've been losing some weight." So that really gave me a good feeling knowing my hard work has been showing.

The second was actually today when my dad was like, "Have you been working out? You look like you've lost some weight." So again it made me feel a sense of accomplishment.

However, I feel I have a long way to go to be ready for baseball season, being my senior year and all, I wasnt to be in top shape so I can get some looks for college (I have one community college that really wants me, so thats cool).

My goal is to get down to 240-250 range by the start of baseball and have much better stamina.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see some nice support from you cool people!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome bballer! Best of luck to you. nice to see the younger crowd is getting involved with the site as well.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    :happy: Welcome!
    We are very glad you are here. Congrats on your lost weight.

Eve
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Baller!
    Doesn't it feel sooooo good when someone comments on how you look and they had no idea you were working out?
    Congrats for taking the step!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi BB!

Welcome and good luck with meeting your goal! :happy: