Turbo Fire Question

Just_Dot
Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I bought Turbo Fire a month or so ago and I LOVE it! But...(there's always a but, right?) I can't follow the suggested regimen for various reasons, mostly involving other activities that I do. I don't want to kill myself with a cardio workout the same day I have a soccer game, KWIM? So, I've been following the workout "plan" that comes with it, but not doing it 6 days a week with one day of rest. When I have the time I do whatever workout comes next in the plan.

I can make it through the Fire 30, the 55 EZ, etc. with no probem. (Meaning, I can do it...I wanna die sometimes, but I can do it.) Would it be better/easier for me to scrap the schedule and do the HIIT workouts on days when I have other things to do (like a volleyball game) and the longer cardio workouts when I don't? Or, should I keep doing what I'm doing?

If this helps, my workout schedule (w/o Turbo Fire) looks like this:
Sundays and Tuesdays (with the occasional Friday or Saturday)--45 minutes of indoor soccer
Thursdays--volleyball
I also do yoga about 2-4 hours a week...just depends on what my schedule looks like.

Thanks!

Replies

• kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    I too, have Turbo Fire. And I have a ton of things going on in my week. I teach Turbo Kick classes Tues & Thurs. Plus I usually take a cycling class after that. On Wednesday's I play do a shorter HIIT Turbo Fire workout before going to Volleyball. On Mondays, Fridays & Saturdays I train for my half marathons....and try to lift a little as well. So, I totally understand what you mean.

I personally would just do what you can, when you can. I think the Turbo Fire workouts are a great way for me to supplement the other physical activity I do during the week, and it gives me the variety I need. so, I would do what you suggested, and maybe do the HIIT shorter workouts on days where you have a lot going on, and then do the longer Turbo Fire workouts when you aren't as busy or are looking for a good long workout.

Just my opinion....but a lot of times I buy a program and I don't necessarily do it 100% as the schedule says because I do a lot of other various things, which I think is ok. Sometimes, when I have the time...I will follow a program to a T....but I don't get down if I cant. hope that helps!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I'm in the same boat, absolutely LOVE Turbo Fire but can't follow the program to a T. I use it on days I don't have scheduled things going on and try to do a couple of the longer workouts per week and at least one HIIT per week on top of Piloxing at a studio twice a week and strength training at least twice a week. It must be working because I'm down 9 lbs since Jan 1st. Just do what you can and don't beat yourself up over it!!
This discussion has been closed.