Healthy Food Labels -repost

Options
Well I must have done somthing wrong. Here's the SHORT version! LOL! I read in NYT's the efforts on new food labels to try and make it plain what is healthy and not healthy when shopping. I think it's missing the mark a little. The main food groups are protein, fats, carbs. Diabetic diets are based on carbs now, often. Different diseases and programs emphasize different things. I'd like to see protein, total fats, carbs, and calories and THEN maybe salt, fiber, sugar, and saturated fats. Then we could truely see at a glance what it has to offer. Details like cholesterol or vitamin C come and go in food worry fads. The effort is a good one. But I feel like they are missing it by a little slant by only emphasizing calories, sugar, saturated fats, sodium, and fiber. It looks like Ms. Obama has had views, and there has been plenty of talk, but no consensus and this is the industry's jump on it.

Here's one article on it: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110126/OPINION/101260313/Food-labels-help-but-may-confuse-buyers

What do you think? What do you think should be the main obvious indicators on the labels?