Eating right, exercising and barely losing weight...

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
This is far those who are losing weight at an extremely slow manner. I'm talking about 2lbs or less a MONTH. Or those on a plateau for more than 2 or 3 weeks.

I find most people assume if you are not losing weight its because you are not eating right or working out enough. And that is because so many do not remain consistent.

So this thread is far all those eating balanced OR eating & exercising in a balanced way. And losing on average 2lbs or less a month.

MY NAME IS RENEE and IN 10 MONTHS I'VE ONLY LOST 14LBS. That's an average of 1.4 lbs a month. And until this week I was on a plateau for 7 weeks!!

What have a I tried for several weeks each:
Keeping carbs under 60 carbs
Keeping sugars under 15 grams
Eating 1200 calories a day
Eating 1400 calories a day
Walking 4miles a day /6 times a week
Eating my exercise calories
Not eating my exercise calories

Good News:
I took photos at the beginning and in my current pics look considerably smaller. (taking more pic's at the end of month)
I'm almost to my first weight goal I need to lose 7 more lbs and then I"m there!!
I had to buy jeans because my others looked like elephant skin.
I've lost 4.5 inches off my belly!!
I can wear a size medium shirt!!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Eating 1200 calories a WEEK?! Is that a typo? Because you need at least 1200 a DAY.
  • coakleyjoa
    Options
    This is something that happens to a lot of women especially when we get to be past 40. Our metabolism slows down so much that we are barely eating and yet our weight does not change. It is very discouraging but I would advise to keep on going.

Eating better should not be a short-time thing anyway. Continue doing it no matter where your weight is at.

Bonne chance!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Don't let it be all about the scale.

If you feel better, you look better, you're losing inches, and you are happy with your lifestyle, throw the scale out the damn window!!!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Not to be mean I did notice a lack of vegetables and fruit in your diary there were only a couple days in the past two weeks. I am not sure if thats going to help but its good to have fresh vegetables and fruits and a mix of them in a healthy diet.
  • ssaemblog
    Options
    It was a typo. She fixed it, don't worry, haha.
  • reneeot
    Options
    Not to be mean I did notice a lack of vegetables and fruit in your diary there were only a couple days in the past two weeks. I am not sure if thats going to help but its good to have fresh vegetables and fruits and a mix of them in a healthy diet.

I have a nutrition drink that has most of the fruits and veggies I should nearly every day!! So I get more veggies/fruits nutrients than most people each day.
  • reneeot
    Options
    Don't let it be all about the scale.

If you feel better, you look better, you're losing inches, and you are happy with your lifestyle, throw the scale out the damn window!!!

Wish it was that easy....:blushing: But the scale is a gauge for when my blood pressure has to be monitored by pills or not. Under 160 my blood pressure comes under control. Over I have to take pills. So wanting that scale to move a few more pounds!!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I have a nutrition drink that has most of the fruits and veggies I should nearly every day!! So I get more veggies/fruits nutrients than most people each day.

Do you drink Shakeology? I ordered mine and it should be here by Monday. Any advice?
  • reneeot
    Options

Do you drink Shakeology? I ordered mine and it should be here by Monday. Any advice?

I use it as a supplement, not for weight loss. I drink it with almond milk. With just water was too sweet and I cut portion down.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options

Oh sorry. I am just one of those people that believes you should get your nutrients from whole fruits and veggies! good job though! :)
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Have you read up on the amount of nutrients in vitamins in Shakeology? It is impressive.

Oh sorry. I am just one of those people that believes you should get your nutrients from whole fruits and veggies! good job though! :)