New and feeling lost

Options
Hi guys. I am new to this. I was invited by my aunt. I was about to join weight watchers, which I know nothing about, but I read on here that you can do the dame things on here. I haven't found a food list of do's and don't's. I'm not sure hoe to count calories, etc. Can someone help.

Replies

• leighanastasia
    leighanastasia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I guess just start counting your calories and logging them in. Just the act of logging my calories everyday keeps me on track. Also, start exercising for at least 45 minutes a day and logging that in too. Good luck!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. There is no list of food do's or don'ts. You can track your food calories. The healthy food has less calories.
    When you go to enter your food, you click on the meal to add it to and put in what it is. It will give you a list to select from. You can select from the list or add your item to it. After you add it, it will show up on your list for that meal. MFP will keep your most commonly used items on your list for those meals. It gets easier the more you use it.

You can make your own recipes, you list the ingredients and it will tell you how many calories are in each serving.

Best wishes.
    you can add me as a freind if you like.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If you made your goal when you first started just follow that tracking your calories and exercise so it is just like weight watchers. Friend more people so that more friends can encourage your process. I feel that is the best motivator!! Good Luck!