Kinda personal, bur weight loss related

Options
So, I have a lot of weight to lose. This week my scale will not budge. It has been at 332 all week. I was just wondering if menstruation can cause this? I have been excercising like crazy, and doing well with my calories, but the scale is not moving. Is it my period doing this, or is it something else?

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Most women retain lots of water during their time of the month. I don't even step on the scale in these days, since I know I gain 4-5 lbs. But they will be gone in a few days as well. Nothing to worry about.
  • lrodriguez83
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately for us ladies, we hold alot of water before and during our cycle!
    Keep it up and after your cycle is over, you will see you start dropping weight!
  • blbradford87
    Options
    of course it will! you retain more water while on your period.. keep up the good work and weigh yourself when your off your period..

SW: 237
    CW: 196
    GW: 150

Getting fit for my girls!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It could be, especially with water retention. Are you making sure to eat all of your calories, especially your exercise ones? When we don't, our metabolism slows down and we don't lose. I know that I tend to crave salty foods during my period which leads to even more water retention. You may want to double check that, too. Good luck!
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Totally - my weight can go up 5lbs easy during those days and go back down again.
  • tiggys
    tiggys Posts: 32
    Options
    I retain more water then, so that would add extra weight. Just try and keep going and hopefully you will lose what you expected at the end! Good luck.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm having the same issue... I've been at the same weight all freakin week even though I have been working my butt off!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    u need to find peace in the fact that you are doing everything right. my favorite saying...."This too shall pass."
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I concur!
  • dixiefreebird
    dixiefreebird Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes it will make you gain water weight/ retain fluids. I am in a frust too but I think my weight gain is gaining muscle because my pants actually fit better. So I took my measurements today so I can crossrefference when the weight says something different
  • dixiefreebird
    dixiefreebird Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes it will make you gain water weight/ retain fluids. I am in a frust too but I think my weight gain is gaining muscle because my pants actually fit better. So I took my measurements today so I can crossrefference when the weight says something different
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    yep it happens to me as much as up to 5lbs so i just try not to weigh around tht time and make my weigh in the following week
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You can gain up to 7lbs during your TOM. Don't worry about it, it happens to probably every woman here!!!!

The scales will look great next week :)
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes but I have found that as my weight has gone down the spike in my weight has reduced as well. Used to be up to 3kg now only up to 1kg.