getting fit to fit

Options
I am having trouble staying on the band wagon... I have been doing this for a couple of weeks with my husband. He started 2 weeks before I did but he has lost 13.6 pounds and I have only lost 3. Now I have to take under consideration that he is able to go to the gym ect. and I have medical problems and can only do some things. I have back issues and among other things. It is really hard and makes me want to jump off the band wagon by him being able to do these things and me being kind of stuck. I have only lost 3 pounds and to me it is kind of a downer to see him loose so much and me struggle. I need help and support to keep going on this. I really want to get to my target weight. I am now in a size 22 would love to at least get back to a 16/18. The title getting fit to fit is because I need to get fit for my health ( it would help), kids and husband and I would love to be able to go shopping anywhere and wear the clothes that I see almost every day that I love but can't find because I am a big girl. Someone Please Help me. :sad:

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Women lose weight slower than men but I can't remember the reason behind that. Someone else will know and will post it here I'm sure:)

Keep at it and eventually it will come off!
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know its hard but try really hard not to compare yourself to your husband. Men lose weight way easier than woman anyways and since you can't exercise as much it will be worse. It won't be so overwhelming if you take small steps at a time aim for losing 5 pounds at a time and make sure you praise yourself lots because every little thing you do for yourself is awesome. You are worth doing this for and when it gets hard to remember why your doing this give yourself a little reward for what you have accomplished. Even if its just a nice long relaxing bubble bath. Good luck on your journey you can do this!

Wanted to add that men lose weight faster than women because they have more muscle mass and muscle burns calories. The other problem with women losing weight is that our bodies are designed to hold fat for when we have babies which can make it very difficult to lose it.
  • chrissymay4
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on losing 3lbs!!!! It's a loss and that counts! Men lose weight easier than women, so please don't get discouraged. :) You CAN do this!! It is a journey, a marathon, NOT a sprint... just keep doing what you're doing and remember the scale is just numbers, what matters is how your clothes fit & how YOU feel about yourself!!!!!

I'm here if you need someone to talk to or vent to :) Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • funnygurl97
    Options
    I know where your coming from. I have dieted before and I always bail because I don't see the results. I just joined today, and I'm going to make this work, I know it won't be easy, but together we can keep it going. Just know you aren't alone, and you CAN do this. You can send me a message anytime your feeling low and I will help build you back up. Good Luck.
  • Sunshiner29
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support and you are absolutely right. Oh and I saw your ticker on your post congradulations on what you have accomplished. I am looking forward to keeping this going and getting a new me.
  • Sunshiner29
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has posted so far you are right this is a journey and it will be a long and sometimes hard one and I realize that. I know that there are other out there who are going throught the same thing. It reminds me of a quote I saw recently:SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO DANCE IN THE RAIN BEFORE THE STORM CAN PASS. Thank you to all of you.:happy: