Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bowling Binging... freakin out

I bowl on a womens league every Wednesday night and this will be my first bowling night on my diet. I am freakin out about supper. I have to leave at 5:30 and I don't fix supper at home before I go, so I'm not in total control over my calories or options for that matter. I've tried finding the foods I would eat in the data base, but they're all so different in calories I don't know which one to pick. For example, normally I would eat 5 Beef Taquitos with nacho cheese (both brands unknown because it's bought in bulk) for a dipping sauce, and then I'd get some corn chips like Tostitos to finish off the cheese. Later I'd have a candy bar or something sweet and a couple cans of Pepsi. Granted I'd be burning calories by bowling, but I just don't want to cave in to eating crap. I've done very well. Yesterday was awesome, today (so far) has been even better. I dont know what to do. Am I freaking out over nothing?

Advice needed, please :indifferent:

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Well, since it's Wednesday it's a little late for my advice, but how about next week getting dinner started in the crock pot in the morning, and eating something healthy before you go out? Or if you dont' have a crock pot, make two of something one night this week and stick it in the freezer to be reheated for Wednesday night. Then maybe indulge in a small treat, like 1 taquito, or half a candy bar, or something like that while you're out. Then you could have control over your calories, and still get to have a little treat.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    oh hun, you just need to eat before you go, and enjoy a cold diet soda while you are bowling. Those habits is what got us here to begin with. Bowling alleys don't always have the best healthy choices out there either. THis is where advanced planning comes in real handy. i.e. if you know you have bowling tonight, then think about the day before and cook dinner for lunch, but serve it at dinner time to the family and grab yourself some before you leave as well. This way dinner is done for everyone, and you can still get out the door. Or try a crockpot recipe. You definitely don't want to be hungry when you get there cuz you will cave too easily and make bad choices. No matter what kind of exercise you get, you still don't need to make bad choices. Do not make your exercise an excuse to eat naughty foods.
  • Yeah, I mean 5 taquitos with nacho cheese and tortilla chips can do A LOT of damage. That plus a candy bar and pepsi.. eeek. That's probably your intake for the whole day!! I'd say try to fix yourself a sandwich or something before you leave that way, you can still eat while you're there, but you're not eating all of that junk. And if you want to eat maybe ONE taquito or something, that's fine. Make Wednesdays your treat night!! Try to get a good workout in too :D

Good luck!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    I bowl tonight also and I go right from work to bowling. Does your Alley have a nice snack bar or just one with fried foods? I can get a Turkey wrap at mine, and that is what I'm thinking about going with tonight again (did that last week)...it is awfully large though, so I'll probably not eat all of it. I'd check your choices on what to eat before going right for what you "usually" get.