Starting a new life, and need your support

Options
I'm 34 and struggled with weight a long time. I'm ready to take back my body, and regain my life. I've always kept my weight loss, or lack there of to myself, and its gotten me no where. I'm ready to come clean and be held accountable. Thanks for all your help and support.

Replies

• TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here....
  • larsen1997
    Options
    just be positive and know you can do it
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! I have to say I joined 16 days ago. I've tried things in the past, but never really tried...until I found this website. It's so easy to use, you have support, and did I mention it's FANTASTIC! I'm held accountable, I can see how many calories I'm eating, along with a few other things, and I love it! Here's to hoping you love it as much as I do. Best of luck to you!
  • snugglepuss123
    Options
    hi hun good luck losing the lbs x
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend for support! This is a great place to start :happy:
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    just one tip... be totally honest with yourself... if you had two cookies but you know you should have only had one, put two! some people who are in denial arent honest on thier food diary and end up going way over their calories.
  • leweverling
    Options
    Welcome and great job on getting started! The first 21 days are the toughest but after that its the best habit you can have!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    welcome! this site is great!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck! Feel free to add me!!
  • fis71763
    Options
    I'M PRETTY NEW AT THIS TO. MY FIRST WEEK. I'M 47 YEARS OLD AND PRIOR TO ME TURING 40 I WAS NEVER OVER-WEIGHT!! OR AT LEAST EXTREMELY OVER-WEIGHT. I REALLY HAVE TO DO THIS THOUGH!! I'M GETTING OLDER AND MY HEALTH HAS BECOME A BIG ISSUE LATELY. I WANT TO CHANGE THE WAY I LOOK AND FEEL, AND IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE IS SUPPORT OUT THERE!! WELCOME.... WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm so glad you are here! You are taking a positive first step to what I think will be lasting change for you. :)
    Some things to keep in mind-

Set realistic goals- and even if you don't meet them right away, know that you are on a journey, and you will get there.
    Be human. Perfection is for the movies and books and dramas we see on tv. Embrace your imperfections, and love yourself NO MATTER WHAT, and the change you are looking for will come.
    Log in everyday, and track your calories. If you get confused by anything- ask or head to the forums. I've not been here long, but already I have found a ton of information and support.
    Move, even if just a little at first. Exercise will make you feel good, and increased stamina will show you that you are making progress.
    Stay off the scale for awhile- and when you do get on to check in- just remember- your weight is NOT your worth.

GOOD LUCK!