Results with Insanity and Turbo Fire?

Options
I'm thinking of investing in one of these programs but can't decide which. What did you like about them if you've tried them, and what were your results? Is it really better than going to the gym?

Replies

• cmj516
    cmj516 Posts: 9
    Options
    Haven't tried Turbo Fire but I do Insanity. I don't follow the program or do it everyday, but I've still lost weight. And much faster than going to the gym (and doing cardio/ weights there). I love how intesnse Insanity is, I drip sweat just doing the warm up. I also love how fast it is (about 40-45 min per workout) vs 60 min of P90X. Something to consider that many people have mentioned is your fitness already, you should be in at least decent shape before starting it, and your joints. It is a lot of plyo and can tend to be a bit brutal to knees or ankles if you're not used to that sort of thing. But I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do crazy cardio and see results!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Something to consider that many people have mentioned is your fitness already, you should be in at least decent shape before starting it, and your joints.

I'm a pretty active 20 year old. I go to the gym about 5 times a week. So I think I'll be fine :)
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm sure other people have tried these! :)
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in my third week of Insanity. It is very intense but I like that. I don't think I have ever sweat this much in 45 minutes. I'm really starting to notice my core is getting more defined. I actually froze my gym mebership for the 60 days that I'm doing this.
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have not tried turbo fire but am currently in my 3rd week of Insanity. So far I have lost 7 lbs and 2.5" off my waist alone! The workouts are tough but you get in shape real quickly. I was not in the best shape when starting but i felt better when i saw the people on the video having to stop and take extra breaks because they could not do they entire set of reps either. I plan on continuing the program and use MFP with my diet. I would definately recommend Insanity to see faster results with toning up and dropping weight.:love:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of investing in one of these programs but can't decide which. What did you like about them if you've tried them, and what were your results? Is it really better than going to the gym?

I have done Insanity, but not Turbo Fire. I absolutely loved Insanity, however seeing your love for dance I think turbo fire maybe better suited to you. If you have any question please don't hesitate to message me. I'd love to help steer you in the right direction.

Stu
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

So far averaging bout 3/4 pounds/week lost with insanity. it hard but seeing some results
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried Turbo Fire but I do Insanity. I don't follow the program or do it everyday, but I've still lost weight. And much faster than going to the gym (and doing cardio/ weights there). I love how intesnse Insanity is, I drip sweat just doing the warm up. I also love how fast it is (about 40-45 min per workout) vs 60 min of P90X. Something to consider that many people have mentioned is your fitness already, you should be in at least decent shape before starting it, and your joints. It is a lot of plyo and can tend to be a bit brutal to knees or ankles if you're not used to that sort of thing. But I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do crazy cardio and see results!

Yea I always ICE my knees good afterwards and that helps
  • k9crystal
    k9crystal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire according to the schedule provided with the dvds, for almost 3 weeks now and I've lost 8.6 inches overall and 6 pounds. I LOVE IT.
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have done both and my calorie burn is about the same for given length in both(about 700-800 per hour). I enjoy Turbo Fire more because I have to concentrate on the moves which makes it easier for me to push harder, I have a lot more fun doing Turbo. I do enjoy Insanity too I add it in for variety every once and awhile. Both are quality programs and you will see results from either just a matter of preference. Insanity is more calisthenics while Turbo Fire is cardio kickbox/dance type. Hope that helps.
    Youtube videos of both and see which one looks like more appealing to you.

Also I added in one pound hand weights with a strap to use with turbo and I get a lil extra toning from the punches and arm moves. Def can feel a difference.
  • SuziScott
    SuziScott Posts: 57
    Options
    I am in my 2nd week of Insanity and I LOVE it! I think I am going to try Turbo Fire next.
  • comiclady24
    Options
    I'm on Turbo Fire and I love it. With Turbo Fire, you can do the program as many times as you want, you can keep doing round after round of it. With Insanity, I hear that you really can't do it over and over again, because it is too intense and it's not good for your body. It's fine to do it once through, but I hear you've got to take breaks between rounds of Insanity. As far as I know, those are the basic differences. Also... Turbo Fire is tons of fun. :wink: