I got a horrible haircut :(

Options
Oh man! It is BAAAAD and I feel so depressed about it. I told the lady one thing and she basically went 3 inches shorter than what I said, giving me a boy haircut. My husband is coming home tomorrow, and I don't even want him to look at me. I know hair will grow and all that, but the whole reason for getting it cut was to feel BETTER about my appearance, not worse...grrr. Thinking back on it, I never should have even paid the wench who cut it! Ok..done ranting

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Oh man! It is BAAAAD and I feel so depressed about it. I told the lady one thing and she basically went 3 inches shorter than what I said, giving me a boy haircut. My husband is coming home tomorrow, and I don't even want him to look at me. I know hair will grow and all that, but the whole reason for getting it cut was to feel BETTER about my appearance, not worse...grrr. Thinking back on it, I never should have even paid the wench who cut it! Ok..done ranting
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    So that's why you're in a bad mood... :grumble:
    Work with it honey. I'm sure you'll come up with a nice hairstyle that you can keep until it's the length you like.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    thanks jo...I think the only think I can do with it is wear a baseball hat...lol lucky for a I have about 25 of them, but STILL! Thanks for trying to make me feel better though hun! :heart: :heart:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Don't you hate when that happens? Can you wear a hat, or a scarf, maybe? Surely it's not that bad...

I'm sorry... it will grow back, but not before tonight! :noway:

Try not to let it get'cha down, my friend. :flowerforyou:

Ange
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all.....I'm sure that it's a great new cut, just perfect for summer. Second of all, I'm just like that with a new cut. I call it buyer's remorse, except you can't exactly take it back, right? Give it a couple of days and you're gonna love it (I just know it.) Your hubby is gonna think you're beautiful no matter what. No worries.....:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I agree!!!
    I was the same way when I got a haircut after about 6 years of just letting my hair grow.
    I was like this --->:noway:
    But, as the days went by, I started to like it. I worked with it.

It's just in time for the heat sweetie.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    LLLLLLLAAAAAAAUUUUUURRRRREEEEENNNNNN!!!!!!

All I can say, is that I like short hair, there are a lot of times I see a girl with 'a boy haircut' and I am like 'Mmmmm mmmmm!'

So wear it short and sassy, don't worry too much about it. Let it bring out some attitude and eventually it will grow out. You're a cute girl, and I am positive that you can rock any look you want to!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Now.....

LEAN WIT IT ROCK WIT IT!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LYnTAAsl2OU
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well at least you have hair....I know a shotty haircut sucks....I am one to to cry all the way home if it is not perfect....anyway hang in there and remember hair grows.

zen:devil:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I know it's tough getting a bad haircut! Having naturally curly hair, you would be amazed at how many people DON'T think about the fact that curly hair..um...CURLS UP!!! And to take that into consideration when cutting it!!!LOL!!!

Anyway, I am sure you look great either way!!! Don't sweat it! I am sure it will grow out a lot faster than you think! Enjoy the summer do!!

Hug!
    Tam
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    i'm someone who's had my hair down to my back and very very short... I happen to like short hair on girls, it definitely takes some getting used to though :)

chin up, girly, i'm sure you'll be rockin it out in no time

:heart:
    manda
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    well, I dont know what the cut looks like but I know that I havent seen a short cut yet, that doesnt look really cute with a pretty headband! you'll make it work!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    thankyou all so much...I'm fine as long as I avoid all mirrors! lol I think it'll be ok in a few weeks when it COVERS MY EARS! lol I'll post some pictures of it later so everyone can see what I mean...I like my hair short, like jaw length, not like this, but oh well, I will live with it...maybe I should go ahead and dye it blue! lol
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Lauren....I can be there in like....3 hours tops.....just say who and where....:glasses: I'll bring some back up....:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: lol

hugs and girl...I know its hard but honestly, you couldn't look anything but really pretty....short hair, long hair, green hair....when you got it ....you GOT IT! *sizzle* and YOU sis....GOT IT!!!:love:

hugs,
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    That SUCKS!
    Can you go to another stylist and her to fix it???
    I think you should at try!
    I got a HORRID haircut (looked like a box on my head) and I went to my friend and she fixed it and I have gone to her since!
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, i'm a hairdresser and i know what you mean there are so many of them out there that DO NOT LISTEN it drives me crazy.

all i can say is use product...it helps spike it up, mess it up, bring it forward, swish it back, for some unknown reason this thing has happened to you, it does take time, but take advantage of this crisis and have fun with it.

I know it's not what you wanted and probably spent many months growing your hair out, but since you have something new and different try the new styling techiniqes now that you can.

Hint when using a new stylist if you can get in with her right away don't go! Ask her how much is an inch of hair off...we all have our own measuments we go by, your inch could be three to her!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    oh come on hun I am sure you look BEAUTIFUL

BTW I always get scared getting my haircut THEY NEVER LISTEN :grumble: it's like they ask you what you want and still do whatever they want and think you look good in...GRRR sorry doll
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i got a horrible haircut a few weeks back.... the lady cut it way to short and it was choppy and long underneath almost like a mullet lol... i had to go back and get someone to fix it even though i was terrifed she would take off even more.... but the lady who fixed it did an awesome job.... of course its still too short but it looks really nice!

you should go back and see if someone could possibly fix it? or ask for your money back!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    hair putty or some sort of texturing product, it will make a tossled look, its my best advice, but honey it WILL grow back it is just hair!!! Plus its summer, u will be less hot. dont get bummed over it!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i have definitely been there... i let a friend of mine cut my hair back in college. I hated it!!
    She didn't account for my curly hair (like tam said) and it was awful, because i am someone who had always had looooong curly hair, like Keri Russel..

BUT i have to say that the bad haircut did inspire me to try some short styles, i straightened my hair, dyed it many colors, and eventually, because my hair is so curly, drealocked it.

and im so glad i did! But i know that one day, when they get too heavy to carry around (they are very heavy now!) that i will cut my hair off super short... and i know i will be in shock when i do (ive already had my locks for six years!)

Try not to dwell on it, since we all know that hair grows back. and the good thing is that now you are eating healthier, it should grow even quicker!