I'm new!

Options
Hi, i'm new and started 3 days ago. I'm using the iphone app and i'm confused by my end of day totals message. The first day i was 230 calories under my daily goal of 1200 and all was fine, i was just given my projected weight in 5 weeks. The past 2 days i was within 50 calories of my daily goal and the message read that i was in starvation mode. How can i be closer to my daily goal than the first day was and receive this message? Thanks.

Replies

• gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Maybe the first day the starvation message doesn't show because you were new, or is it possible that it did show and you missed it? If you don't eat the minimum recommended calories compared to your exercise output, you will get that message, I think, regardless of the number of calories deficit that you are. Welcome aboard.
  • chiarunner
    Options
    I'm not sure why the site is suddenly giving you lip, but my doctor advised me to keep my caloric intake under 1500 but no lower than 1200. It's kind of one of those rules of dieting to not slink below the 1200 mark, however, if you have a doc you can trust, or someone that is specialized in nutrition, they would be more qualified to tell you what your unique and awesome body needs :-).
  • jacintaduffy
    Options
    Thanks guys. It calculated my calorie count at 1200, should i not follow this according to the diet rule? I weigh 59kg and want to get back to about 50kg, so it's not a lot to loose really. I find it amazing how quickly you use up your sugar intake for the day, i haven't even got a sweet tooth!