HRM help, I'm so confused!

Options
HMKan
HMKan Posts: 472 Member
Ok, so I have a Timex Zone Trainer HRM. Today's the first day I've used it. I entered my weight and my target HR. I THINK I've calculated my target HR correctly. I have it in Zone 2 I think.

I was just on the eilliptical. I have a goal of burning at least 500 calories per day.

First of all, this watch beeps at me when my BPM goes above 135. I guess that's ok. If I'm supposed to stay below that to burn fat, then so be it. I upped my incline to 10 (I usually stay around 5) and went slow enough that the watch would stop shouting at me. Is that what I'm supposed to do?

Here's my biggest question. I stopped the workout after 30 minutes and (at least according to the elliptical - which I entered my age and weight into) 300 calories. Mainly I was just curious to see how many calories the watch says I burned. It says 529. 529? I can't have burned that much going as slowly as I was and in only 30 minutes time. Right?

The whole reason I invested like $80 was so I'd have an accurate way to track my burned calories and now I'm not sure I can trust the HRM. I'm sort of frustrated. What do you guys think?

Replies

• hardybelle83
    Options
    Does it have a chest strap or is it just the watch?
  • HMKan
    Options
    Does it have a chest strap or is it just the watch?

Sorry, yes. It's a chest strap with a watch.
  • HMKan
    Options
    I need some serious help with this. I hope someone out there will tell me their experience with their HRMs
  • HMKan
    Options
    anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the Timex HRM, but something does sound off. I tried to find something on their website, but didn't see much troubleshooting (I didn't look too long either) But for my HRM, I'm supposed to be between 124-161 to be burning calories. So maybe double check your settings? Height, weight, lbs or kg. Good luck.