Weird food combinations

Options
LJ0125
LJ0125 Posts: 89
I have always been a person that eats odd combinations. Now that I have really buckled down and started counting every single calorie I have become even odder in my food combos. Like right now I am making pierogies with grilled onions, egg beaters, and a turkey link sausage.

Is anyone else finding themselves eating weird combinations? My boyfriend keeps looking at me like I am out of my mind.

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ill be honest i have no idea what pierogies and egg beater is lol..the onions and sausage i get but not that so sorry!
    i love love love celery and peanut butter though..
    and weetabix with hot chocolate on..not that strange but to some it is lol
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I totally get you with the weird combinations. I'm the same way. I tend to eat whatever I'm in the mood for or craving. The other day I had a small bowl of spaghetti with some ramen. Fortunately for me I don't normally eat two different carbs for one meal :) Your peirogies, onion, egg beater and sausage meal sounds amazing.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Pierogis are a style of dumpling. Traditionally stuffed with a potato filling but also done with meats and cheeses. They are most traditionally boiled, but some places bake them or fry them.
    Egg Beaters are a 99% egg white "egg substitute". The 1% is made up of some colorings and flavorings to make the egg whites look and taste more eggy. (I usually get the 100% egg white option, but I will admit that the yellow color is more pleasing to the eye. lol)

And I do tons of weird food combos. Mostly because a lot of the time I'm throwing stuff together from what happens to be in my fridge. I think the one that gets the oddest reactions would be when I've done scrambled egg whites with imitation crab meat. I joke that a lot of my meals are like home versions of the show Chopped since I rarely know what I'm going to be throwing together unless the hubby will be home for dinner and I actually plan a meal for the two of us.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have always been a person that eats odd combinations. Now that I have really buckled down and started counting every single calorie I have become even odder in my food combos. Like right now I am making pierogies with grilled onions, egg beaters, and a turkey link sausage.

Is anyone else finding themselves eating weird combinations? My boyfriend keeps looking at me like I am out of my mind.

that doesn't sound like a weird combo at all. that sound wonderful. add a huge mound of saurkraut to that and i would be in heaven :)
    now, you want a weird combo? one of my favourite's is peanut butter on hotdogs! it was something my dad used to do, and i had to try it, and i love it. i don't eat hotdogs that way often, but just talking about it makes me want one now...lol. probably a good thing i don't have any hotdogs in the house.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    My dad used to mash bananas with peanut butter and miracle whip....definately a wierd combo.
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm loving the combination of avacado and tuna. Avocado is a great replacement for mayonaise!
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also love tuna and avocado!!! I like to get thick whole wheat bread and put tuna on one slice and avocado on the other. Slap it together like pb&j. It's like t&a instead of pb&j!
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have been eating saltine cracker topped with cottage cheese, I love it as a snack.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nothing seems very out of the ordinary to me! I am especially time-insensitive when it comes to food. Breakfast food for dinner, dinner food for breakfast, whatever!