My kids destroyed my stomach!

Options
Ok everyone, I need some help on how to get rid of my belly flab! Before I got pregnant (in 2006), my tummy was fine. It now looks like a road map with the stretch marks and flab and I can't seem to get rid of it. I know I'm probably stuck with the stretch marks and I have learned to cope with that since I have no intentions of ever putting on a bikini unless it's for pictures that will be photoshoped and air brushed, lol. But, I can't seem to get rid of that hanging stuff under my belly button down to my pubic line. Does anyone have any advise?

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have the same thing! Yuck :grumble:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No advice from me. I've had that since BEFORE I had kids, even when I was underweight. I always had that weird shelf thing that looked like a butt, even at 108 lbs with my hip-bones sticking out. I'd love to hear if anyone has any pointers.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but time or a tummy-tuck are the only way. Cardio will help lose fat, but you can't spot reduce to target just the fat on your tummy. Ab exercises/weight training will help too, but you have to lose the flab over the muscle to see the results. I've had 2 c-sections, and between them, I actually saw a light at the end of the tunnel (even though the stretch marks were still there) after about a year of really hard work. Hope this helps.
  • smckines
    Options
    i have the same thing after four pregnancies from 2001 to 2009 i dont look at myself naked in the mirror at all...my future husband keeps me up lifted by saying i am sexy and he loves me but i am not satisfied at all...i am leaning towards a tummy tuck..so if you have any adivce please help me out.....
  • Kaydismom
    Kaydismom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat too. Never wore a bikini in my life and don't think I ever will (unless it's on under my clothes!).
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    You'd be happier if it was my body you had been pregnant in (i know it doesn't sound right), but my pregnancy left me (both of them) 20-35 pounds lighter after i had my children. I was too sick to even get to remember them! I only got stretch marks from gaining weight back, and my belly fat isn't a pregnancy pouch!

Ab workouts and core training will be best as for the marks, when you know let me know!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Lots of exercise but they can only do so much. If you are left with an apron of skin on top of toned abs then the only way is a tummy tuck or learning to live with it.

I also prefer to think I destroyed my stomach by choosing to have kids, hardly fair to blame the kids for my stomach, they had no choice in the matter!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lots of exercise but they can only do so much. If you are left with an apron of skin on top of toned abs then the only way is a tummy tuck or learning to live with it.

I also prefer to think I destroyed my stomach by choosing to have kids, hardly fair to blame the kids for my stomach, they had no choice in the matter!

I'm not saying it was their fault. I guess I worded it wrong. I should say my pregnancies destroyed my stomach.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    No advice but I am right there with ya! 4 kids later and my belly is terrible!