TOM workouts

dawnkitchen
dawnkitchen Posts: 161
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I usually don't have a problem during my TOM (knock on wood!). No bad cramps or physical soreness. However, I do get pretty fatigued and some legit headaches from the fatigue for about half of my TOM week.

So, what do you ladies do (or your wives/girlfriends/partners) when they aren't feeling well and still want or need to get a workout in?

I'm supposed to go to a kickboxing class tonight, but I think I might just take it "easy" on the elliptical (only burn half the cals, but much less intensity and strain on my body).

Any insight or ideas would be awesome. Thanks!

Replies

• michellerieger
    michellerieger Posts: 38 Member
    I know when I exercise, I feel less tired and more energetic. Even during this time of the month. It's probably a good idea to go to your class, I think you'll be happy you did.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    My running endurance isn't very good during TOTM but I would still run or cycle but probably be less hard on myself and pace myself more.

In terms of strength training I find I can lift just as well as during any other time.

I don't factor in any extra rest days for it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I just had my first TOM off birth control and I had forgotten what it was like! It wasn't terrible but I had absolutely no energy, some cramps, and I was hungry and grumpy. So I just took a couple of days off to rest.
  • I know what you mean. I used to feel better when I was younger and got sore/cramps and was active.

My head is pounding ... I don't want to get sick during class, haha.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    I think that as long as you do something, even if it isn't as intense as what you wish you were doing, you are fine. I am a big believer in listening to your body. Push yourself to a certain extent but I know that my workouts during that time are like TORTURE... it's hard for me to get 20 minutes on the bike when normally I can do 60 easily. I just chalk it up to that time and figure it's better than what I would've done before which is lay on the couch...
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Im in the same boat!! Im going to take the day off and pick another day I would not have gone instead im just so blah right now :grumble:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    My brother TOM never makes me miss a workout.
This discussion has been closed.