Skinny ***** Vol 1

Options
Ok, so ive been on my hardcore diet for about 4 months now. Ive lost a little over 40 pounds GO ME... BUT as much as i enjoy every pound i lose i still get antsy in the fact that i have 40 more pounds to go, in all honesty it sucks! Im totally proud of myself but at the same time i still keep thinking OMG i cant wait til i lose the rest of this weight so that i can go to olive garden and grub on some serious pasta, bread sticks, and my own personal fountain of alfredo sauce... im low carbing it, can u tell? Now i know, i know, i cant go back to the same eating habits as before or my *kitten* will blow back up to a less than flattering Kim Kardashianish image. But where does the temptation end?? How in the hell do these people do it? I know it can be done bcuz before i was fat guess what......I WAS SKINNY! But now it just seems as though my mental state of mind towards food has somewhat altered. I cant seem to get back to that place of worrying more about the hot outfit im gonna wear this weekend than the way those mashed potatoes are gonna taste...all buttery and yummy....STOP! I look at everyone around me and think " I hate you, simply for the fact that you are sitting next to me right now eating a giant box full of french fries, and i can have none of them, ok maybe just a bite.....NOOOO!" And dont misunderstand me im totally jazzed about the fact that ive lost over 40 pounds and even more than that if i count the 4 months before the "hardcore dieting" i just want to close my eyes and wake up and be skinny again... but until that magical day is discovered i would like to learn how to enjoy the journey along the way.
Sincerely,
Skinny *****

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think the key here is realizing and celebrating all of the small success' along the way that add up to the big one. Being mindfull of the journey IS the key to the journey. If we spend the whole time looking forward to the end, how do we learn from the now? I know that sounds all new agey and what not, but I think its kinda true. The success just isn't in the hot outfit you get to wear, but in the fact that you know what you are capable of, that you can make positive changes and stick to them, and that you love yourself enough to be patient and then when you DO get there- you have to work to STAY there. Keep at it!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You know, I understand your angst and honestly that's been my biggest reason for swinging back up in weight. My pattern is to religously watch every calorie that goes into my body and work out as much as humanly possible while pushing for more, I loose all the weight plus more (lately in the range of 30-50 lbs) in a short time (1-3 lbs a week). By the time I reach my goal and go to maintanence mode, I'm stressed and bitter that I have to do sooooo much to look normal (totally never going to be a skinny girl, just skinny in comparison to my previous self) and I rebel. I start eating like my now husband who has the appetitie and metabolism of a 5 year old. I'm feeling that stage coming on again so I'm trying to give myself some cheat room so the bitterness isn't so bad. Everyone says if you eliminate you stop craving and it's true to an extent (that Wendy's double burger doesn't taste NEARLY as good as you thought it would) but it doesn't stop the anger.
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this is right or not... but this is how i think aobut food right now. If you get to the point where you absolutely want it then have it, just have way less than you used to. Go to olive garden, get the soup salad and breadsticks and ask for them to go light on the dressing and maybe only have one bread stick. I have heard others say that they have one day a month as a break day where they can have the goodies. Its all really about moderation though. You can't live the rest of your life denying yourself food you "Love" so everyonce in a while have it, just don't over do it! IMO If you deny yourself something you will just end up fixating on it and won't beable to get it off your mind until you cave and then go overboard with it. the key is moderation! I hope that helps. I LOVE LOVE LOVE olive garden but i don't have one within 3 hours of me so i learned to make a lower cal version of my fav there, chicken marsala. That might be one thing to try. I also know they sell thier salad dressing so maybe buy a jar and make your own salad that way you can portion controll better. Good luck!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    WOW way to go!!! Just think at this pace you will have lost the additional 40 lbs by June. Just in time for summer. when you no longer need to loose and just maintain, you for sure will not be released from watching what you eat but you will know how to enjoy food in moderation. I can tell you from experience that when I moderate my food intake things like icecream and corn dogs and 1/4 pounders with cheese and french fries are far more enjoyable. I look at these thing as rewards or something to enjoy rather than a food group or its own
  • kdbursey
    Options
    Well I don't think that craving will every go away...we just get into a new mind set that portion control is everything. As my personal trainer tells me..."You can have what ever you want to eat, you just have to work off the calories later." Therefore, it is easier to work off the calories for a handful of fries to nip that craving in the bud then it is to work off the calories for a fry binge. Hang in there, you can did it! Keep celebrating those small victories and before you know it those last 40 pounds will be gone!