Hello!

Options
Hello there,

I just joined this community, but I have been dieting on and off all my life. I moved to the UK from Italy 6 years ago and was wearing UK size 22 clothes (I'm a petite 5' 2.5", so that was HUGE). In the UK I discovered Weight Watchers and I lost 75 lbs in 1 year and 3 months.

Then, I met my boyfriend and I had a few problems in the following 3 years (including in casual order 3 change of houses, 2 change of jobs, university full time while working more than full time... boyfriend nearly out of work and on disciplinary... financial crysis affecting me as I work at a local bank... and so on) so I put back on 60 lbs in 3 years. Then, I settled and finished University, bought a flat with my boyfriend and the job situation improved. hence, I returned to my diet, determined to lose the weight to look well in my graduation pictures the following year. In 10 months, I had lost 63 lbs and gone back to goal 3 months before my graduation ceremony. A few months before, my boyfriend proposed, so now my aim is to maintain at least until my wedding and tone up. After that, it'll be staying slim for my honeymoon in Asia, which will happen a fw months later, and then it'll be just stay slim for my health.

I wear now clothes UK size 6-8, feel wonderful and know how to stay in control. I hope I won't ever fall back into bad habits! My aim is now to lose a few extra couple of lbs I've put on at Christmas and keep on maintaining, that's why I joined this website. Girls, in 2005 I weighted nearly 200 lbs. Today I weight 115. I'm proof that if you really want it, nothing is impossible!

Replies

• Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your story is very inspirational. It says a lot about never giving up. I wish you all the best on your Wedding:)
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Way to go! Your story is very inspirational. It says a lot about never giving up. I wish you all the best on your Wedding:)
    I agree. I love it. Wishing you all the best on your wedding.:flowerforyou:
  • onehicchic
    Options
    HI!

Thank you for posting your story. My weight has been yo-yoing for the past 10 yrs. This time I am keeping it off for good when I get down to my goal.
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    Good luck!
  • kagomesan1975
    Options
    thank you ladies! You'll all get there and the weight will stay off this time!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck !!!
  • snugglepuss123
    Options
    wow well done good luck for ur wedding :smile:
  • ladykathalina
    ladykathalina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post! You have inspired me too! Myself I want to lose 50 lbs and it just seems like an impossible goal but I'm trying to stick to 1 day at a time and not beat myself up when I stumble! I am new to MFP also and have enjoyed it very much! Here's to all of us who are hanging in there to keep reaching for their goals.
  • summey10
    summey10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Tanks for sharing your story. Truly inspirational!
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    wow that is awesome. i am jealous that you live in Europe though!!! i am in the united states over on the northwest coast!! cold and wet. I am definately inspired by your story. U and i are the same exact height and i am the biggest i have ever been and wearing an 18. It is nice to hear that it is possible for me to get down to my pre kids weight again. Thank you for sharing!!