Hey all!! I'm kinda new.....

Options
My name is Janine and I'm in SW Florida. I'm new to MFP on line but I've had it on my EVO for about a month. I'm not new to losing weight. Over the last year I have lost almost 50lbs but still have 30 lbs to go before hitting my goal. I've joined weight watchers twice and have lost weight using the points system. Unfortunately I was losing weight for the wrong reasons so it didn't stick.. Now that I'm losing for the right reasons I'm not able to afford WW but I have utilized alot of what I learned in the meetings in addition to what I've learned about my self through trial and error. I have never liked keeping a food journal but understand that it really works, MFP makes entering my meals, snacks and exercise a snap. It's been a long year but I've come so far. I don't have a goal date that I need to lose the weight by. I'm just gonna keep plugging away at it. :heart:

Replies

• dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Kick back, have fun and jump right in. :-)
  • eidson
    eidson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I too like this site since it has both web and iphone app for tracking things. I also find that most foods are already cataloged (sometimes multiple times) and many chain restaurants.

My fiance and I are doing the South Beach diet and are still in phase 1. While it has great menus and such ... they do take time and planning. We are doing the paid plan for 4 months but I've seen many web sites giving out info.

It will be 10 lbs loss for me after almost 2 weeks ... so it IS working. MFP is just a great place to post and track yourself.

Good luck!
    Jon.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats on weight loss already. I to don't like tracking,i feel it takes some much time but I know it works to lose weight,so I track.