Hello Everyone!! :)

Options
My name is Lindsey and I'm 24 years old! I have been way overweight since 2005 and I've tried every diet and always trying new exercises that will keep my interest but I always give up when the scale doesn't show me what I want to see! I'm sooo ready to lose this weight and be healthy. Back in High School I played Volleyball and was very active so I know I still have the sports girl inside me somewhere. I've had 2 knee surgeries on my left knee and because of my weight my knees grind and crack and sometimes dislocate so easily when I try and be active and I feel that if I try and push myself in a workout my knees are going to fully dislocate and i'm going to have to have surgery again and that is one of my biggest fears. My oldest brother is an EMT/Firefighter in the city we live in and he came up to me the other day and said how it scares the heck out of him when he has to go and help an overweight person because they can't breathe or having a heart attack because they are overweight. He says that all he can think about is how that could be me one day. I also want to start having kids soon and I don't want to get pregnant being overweight and then having complications thru out the pregnancy. SO with that being said today starts a NEW me! I know I'm going to have my ups and downs but as long as I have the support of friends, family, and MyFitnessPal I can and WILL do it! Thanks for listening to my story and letting me introduce myself!

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Replies

• ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place with lots of wonderful people and great tools to help you along.
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hiya.... well you made the hardest move .... joining and saying hello .

Just stick with it and let everyone help you along the way , there are some brilliant folk on here.

I`ve a long way to go but the support on here really helps ..

feel free to add me if you want a friend for the journey :)

Good luck & take care :)

Tracey