frustrated at the gym today!

kristy12379
kristy12379 Posts: 239
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I went to the Y today and was doing my thing on the treadmill like I usually do. Then some guy got on the one bedside me and the smell of smoke was just rolling off him! I've not had this happen yet and it made me so mad! The smell was sooo disgusting! It was worse than the I just smoked a cigarette smell, it was the I've been smoking for days without bathing or changing my clothes smell! I used to smoke and have been quit for almost 2 years, so I'm not one of those people always bashing smokers, but this was just over the top! I wanted to say something to him so bad, but I'm not one to speak up and it's not like he did anything against the rules. It was just disgusting and I needed to vent, thanks for listening!

Replies

• i hate hate hate that! heavy smokers sit next to me all the time in class, and it's so awful!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    I went to the Y today and was doing my thing on the treadmill like I usually do. Then some guy got on the one bedside me and the smell of smoke was just rolling off him! I've not had this happen yet and it made me so mad! The smell was sooo disgusting! It was worse than the I just smoked a cigarette smell, it was the I've been smoking for days without bathing or changing my clothes smell! I used to smoke and have been quit for almost 2 years, so I'm not one of those people always bashing smokers, but this was just over the top! I wanted to say something to him so bad, but I'm not one to speak up and it's not like he did anything against the rules. It was just disgusting and I needed to vent, thanks for listening!

Eww! That is so gross! I would be sick to my stomach!! I don't mind people that smoke, I have friends who do, but none of them, thank God smell like that! I would have walked away from it or had it bothered me to much, I probably would have lost it on him, lol.....
This discussion has been closed.