here i am!

Options
hello, i started mfp about 3 weeks ago. I havent really been sure if I wanted to extend myself out to others but now im feeling i might need a little help from the community here to get me where i want to be. My husband and I just joined a local gym and im excited to be going there 4-5 days a week and doing home workouts 2 days a week for a total of 6 day/week workouts. I have been doing OK on my diet, could definetely use some tips on that cuz im famous for saying "well i worked out today, i can have this". which is only true if i wanted to maintain my weight, not the case here. I would like to lose at least 30 lbs if not more. The only other time i have been successful losing weight was before I had kids, in my early 20s and i hardly ate, took diet pills and worked out like crazy. that isnt really the tactic i want to take this time around. so, here i am, nice to meet you and look forward to sharing and getting inspired.!

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaimelynn,
    Welcome to MFP. Good job committing to the gym membership and home workouts! I always get so frustrated when people try to lose weight without exercise... it seems like you're really dedicated to making a lifestyle change, so congrats! Changing mentality is 50% of the challenge!
    I'd be happy to help you on your journey :-)