Which packs the most punch?

etherah
etherah Posts: 83 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I will be going to Florida on March 16th and I plan on losing some weight and I want to get toned before then. I have a few different Beachbody programs and I'm wondering which would be best to get me there by then? Slim in 6? Turbo Fire? P90? Any suggestions? I know I'm not going to be in fantastic shape by then, but I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit.

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Depending on what shape you are already in. I'd say Turbo Fire!
  • I am working on a PRECOR Elliptical trainer and for every 30 minutes you can burn 340 calories. It's great and fast, I don't have a lot of patience for hours at the gym.
  • etherah
    I'm in decent shape I would say (not completely out of shape, but not in great shape either). I had back surgery last year and am trying to work my way back into shape. Before my back probs I played soccer and had almost completed P90X.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Depending on what shape you are already in. I'd say Turbo Fire!

I 2nd this. It's a calorie killer!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    crossfit style workouts...CAN NOT BEAT THEM for this sort of stuff. you just cant
  • etherah
    Hmmm, I'm leaning towards doing Turbo Fire now. Maybe all of the cardio would be best to get me toned quickly. What do the P90'iers think?
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    If you had the back surgery last year, I would recommend staying away from the P90X for now. I had a car accident last year and started the program when I thought I was ready and ended up regretting it. Even though it was a year ago, I think it's too soon to put that much strain on your back.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Just as a guide....
    just did a quick crossfit style workout...took 13 minutes...HRM sais i burned 186 Kcals...so i'd say about 140-150. In saying that my Avg HR was 164bpm acrross that 13 minutes....

And thats not the highest avg, or the highest burn rate ive had....
    have done a couple of wokouts that have seen avg's above 170, and the same burn in 8 minutes...tell me thats not effective. Imagine doing two of these 4-5 days a week. one AM, and one PM...
  • etherah
    isislc, I'm definitely not ready to do P90X, but I'm thinking of doing P90. I did P90X a few years ago and I know for sure I'm not at that level yet! :)
  • etherah
    mideon_696, Thanks for the input on crossfit. I have heard some good things about it and will eventually try it sometime. But I really like complete workout videos because they really work for me and keep me motivated. Plus I like having a set schedule like the beachbody workout programs offer. I need someone to tell me when to workout and what I have to do!!
  • etherah
    Or perhaps I could do a combination of the two.
  • etherah
    Just an update...I tried Turbo Fire for the first time and it's a bit too intense for me at this point in time. I slightly pulled a muscle in my back and since I'm quite paranoid about injuring my back again, I called it quits. I'm going to try P90 instead and hopefully it will be better for me. Turbo Fire had really fast moves and I know I wasn't doing them properly while I was trying to keep up.
This discussion has been closed.