Hi just started this past week........

Options
I have recently had a hysterectomy and am concerned about weight gain.......I am out to prove them wrong......I hope. I am 38 years old and have a hubby who is also overweight and will not stop buying junk food and bringing it into the house......any suggestions on how to keep away from it??????:noway:

Replies

• mama2healthy
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrr I have the same problem. Keep fruit, yogurt and fiber one bars close by when you get the cravings and try to have the sweets out of your way in the kitchen. Good luck.
  • emmiee_167
    Options
    i have that probelm i like to graze and so does my partner, so we make sure we ahve nothing of the sort in teh house-out of sight out of mind, if we feel like something naughty we make popcorn in the mircowave(natural) or in the popcron maker.
  • ieatabean
    Options
    Thanks.......I hope I can do this....
  • emmiee_167
    Options
    i have that probelm i like to graze and so does my partner, so we make sure we ahve nothing of the sort in teh house-out of sight out of mind, if we feel like something naughty we make popcorn in the mircowave(natural) or in the popcron maker.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Be sure to buy your own low calorie snacks...I like the 100 calorie snack packs, mini drizzle rice cakes, rice cake with peanut butter, sugar free cookies, chewy kashi bars. Keep hubby's snacks in a separate cupboard without anything else in it, that way you have no reason to open the cupboard.

Good luck with your journey!!! :flowerforyou:
  • oxoxcarole
    oxoxcarole Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit yogurt !!! 80 cal!!!, pickels, smart ones frozen desert, skinny cow ice cream, apples, oranges, cherrios, 4 egg whites on 1 slice light style 7 grain toast after work out, bananas, watermelon, pretzels sticks, gold fish, :)!!
  • ieatabean
    Options
    Great ideal to separate the snack cabinets..........I'm going to give that a try...:bigsmile:
  • Ceboltz
    Options
    Hi. My name is Cheryl and i am also new to this. I am 39 and had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago. I never gained weight after surgery but i did recently when i quit smoking 2 months ago. I gained 9 lbs and have lost 2 of that. : ) since starting this. I need all the help I can get with staying motivted to work out. I have battled weightloss most of my life. I am ready to be addicted to exercise and eating right now that I am not addicted to smoking. I am 5 foot 6 inches and weigh 162. For the last 10 yrs I was able to maintain between 150-155 but always wanting to lose more. It is hard to not eat whats bad for you when its available. Its also unrealistic in his eyes to ask to him not to buy junk food. Small steps. Maybe you can convince him to change some of his bad choices. My husband and I still buy things that aren't always good for us but we are definately buying a lot more that is good for us. One day at a time and one trip at a time to the grocery store.