Power 90 workouts: logging in exercise diary

nocode52
nocode52 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Guys,

I'm new here but couldn't seem to find this info anywhere. I've been logging my meals for 2 days now, this site is a great tool to make you aware of what you are eating and what it actually adds up to!

My question is this...what do you put your Power 90 workouts down as in the exercise tracker. I want to make sure I'm not over stating my workouts, I'd like to get a pretty accurate count of cals burned. I know everyone is different and works out a different intensity, but does anyone have suggestions on what would be close?

Thanks,
No Code

Replies

• LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome!!

The best way is probably an HRM - Heart Rate Monitor and to assist you and go from there. I don't have one yet, but aim to get one soon. MFP doesn't have "interval training" in it's database so I created my own exercise in the Exercise tab under "My Exercises". I made an exercise for strength workouts and one for cardio. Using the formula below, I made an exercise tailored for me, based off my weight, age and heart rate. During one of my workouts, I counted my elevated pulse at 2 separate times for 15 seconds to get an average (multiply one 15 sec count by 4 so you get total beats per minute) to get an idea of my heart rate. Might be a little geeky but works great!

Calories Burned = [(0.074 x Age) + (0.4472 x Heart Rate) - (0.05741 x Weight) - 20.4022] x Time / 4.184

You only have to input this once and if each of your workouts are a little less or harder you'll still be in the ballpark on calories burned.
  • nocode52
    nocode52 Posts: 5 Member
    Impressive!

Thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.