I feel like I am working hard and getting nowhere

alissaloved
alissaloved Posts: 16
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
:frown:
Hi, I joined in the new year. I have been complaining about my weight for a year now and then I got engaged... that was the motivation I needed to get going.

I have reached a grand weight of 80kg and I am normally 62kg. I want to get close to that again. So I watch my calorie intake, I eat well, I make sure I eat enough (scared of the great STARVATION monster), I got a dog and have been hiking every day (not for long but considering I did NO exercise previous to this its good), I drink water and I am trying!

I lost 4kg in three weeks, then gained a kg and now I am just staying the same. I thought I should measure myself, lost up to an inch and a half off the waist and it is back.

Help, what is happening? I am close to giving up!

Replies

• It could be water weight.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Don't give up just yet! I lost a lot of weight for my wedding last year and it was soo worth it on my big day because I just felt so awesome about my weight and how I looked. I started out pretty slow too though, and so I crash dieted near the time my dress fitting was. I lost a lot of weight quickly but then after the wedding because I had been eating next to nothing I went overboard and now I'm back heavier than I was before I started. So I would just keep going slow and steady, make changes you're ok with now(like more exercise and tracking your calories) so then its something you'll want to keep up long after you've achieved the weight you want. Remember, nothing tastes as good as tin and healthy feels! Good luck, and friend me if you need more encourgement, I'm starting out again now!
This discussion has been closed.