Women: Running and Hip pain

brigbug
brigbug Posts: 34
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey ladies out there in MFP land! I have been running since November on the C25K (Couch to 5K) plan. I have had problems with pain in my hip since I have started, but since the times have upped, I am experiencing more and more. I am stretching well before I run, so that's not the issue. It also has not hurt when I run, but afterward. Yesterday I did a 25 min run and it was hurting when I ran. I pushed through the pain, but ouch!.
Any runners out there have suggestions? Just looking for some helpful advice!

Thanks!
Brigitte <><

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Phip 4:13 :happy:

2402135.png

Replies

• heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    I suggest you see a doctor...I had hip pain when I got into running. It was in my joint actually, I could not walk and the area was warm to touch. I had brucitis (not sure of spelling). It is basically an inflamation of the brucae (again, not sure of spelling) which is a sack that is between your joints. You can get brucitis in any joint; it is commonly called Tennis Elbow (when it is in the elbow).
  • I've been running for about 3 years and used to get hip pain alot. I couldn't lay on my side because it would bother me...what helped me was moooore stretching. Stretch before, stretch after and on off days Yoga! Seriously. It helped me with both my hip pain and my knees.
  • jderry75
    jderry75 Posts: 10 Member
    I had some hip pain a while back and went to see a chiropractor and he said my hip was out of alignment. He did some adjustments for a few weeks and I have not had any problems since.
This discussion has been closed.