Floods In Indiana

Options
SoupNazi
SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
So...on my wonderful, awesome trip to Florida the weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was a great, yet short, week. We drove there from Indiana (7 of us in a minivan...ugh.) We started home on our 12 hour trip when we got the news that a tornado had hit the county I lived in and caused 10 mil in damage at Camp Atterbury. Then we hear, as we neared closer to Indiana, that my county was in a stage of emergency due to flooding. Rains dumped 10" of water in 4 hours! All roads and interstates were closed coming into Indiana the closer you got to my county. I was so scared not knowing wether my house was flooded (no flood insurance in Indiana...who'd a thunk?) and my golden retriever Ollie was okay. Every road we tried to take was under at least 10 feet of water!

OMGosh! To make a long story short, after 19 hours driving straight and having a bridge collapse behind us killing 1 person, I am so glad and thankful to be home safe and sound. My house had no damage but the water was rising dangerously close.

Thanks to all my friends who prayed for me while I was gone.:flowerforyou: and if I haven't told you yet, the Blue Angels ROCKED hardcore .....AND.......Indiana Sux!:smile:

:heart: you guys!!!

Replies

• SoupNazi
    Options
    So...on my wonderful, awesome trip to Florida the weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was a great, yet short, week. We drove there from Indiana (7 of us in a minivan...ugh.) We started home on our 12 hour trip when we got the news that a tornado had hit the county I lived in and caused 10 mil in damage at Camp Atterbury. Then we hear, as we neared closer to Indiana, that my county was in a stage of emergency due to flooding. Rains dumped 10" of water in 4 hours! All roads and interstates were closed coming into Indiana the closer you got to my county. I was so scared not knowing wether my house was flooded (no flood insurance in Indiana...who'd a thunk?) and my golden retriever Ollie was okay. Every road we tried to take was under at least 10 feet of water!

OMGosh! To make a long story short, after 19 hours driving straight and having a bridge collapse behind us killing 1 person, I am so glad and thankful to be home safe and sound. My house had no damage but the water was rising dangerously close.

Thanks to all my friends who prayed for me while I was gone.:flowerforyou: and if I haven't told you yet, the Blue Angels ROCKED hardcore .....AND.......Indiana Sux!:smile:

:heart: you guys!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you made it home safely. Welcome home and we will keep you in our prayers.
    :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Well, thank you Eve.:smile:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Glad you made it home safely and that you didn't have to come home to a flooded house. Hope that the waters that are close to you stay away. :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Thanks Gravygurl:flowerforyou:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Glad you made it home safely ...how scary for you!! We have had the same weather,flooding and tornadoes in my town too. We got 10 inches in nearby towns YIKES!!! It only takes 6 inches to sweep a car away :noway: .But like you very stressful and not so great of a weekend hopefully we will have better weeks ahead!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Glad you are okay, too, runaway.:smile:
    Here's to better weeks ahead.............:drinker:

PS. You look fantastic in your wedding dress, girl!
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    SAME HERE FOR ME!!! Our county is flooded like crazy too but my house was ok. You picked a great week to go on vacation! Between the severe storms, tornados, and now floods....ugh....remember last summer and how we were begging for rain?!...whatever!!!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I could not even imagine the feeling of not knowing. I glad everything is ok though. We have been hammered around here too. Yet another severe threat coming today with 2-3 inches of rain possible.
    I have a tornado pic from JUne 4 that I will load here soon. It was 5 miles up the road from us.
    I pray you get no more rain.
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Glad you are okay, too, runaway.:smile:
    Here's to better weeks ahead.............:drinker:

PS. You look fantastic in your wedding dress, girl!

:blushing: Thanks....that is my motivational pic ..I just had a baby girl and need to get back to pre-baby weight....and this time it is taking a lot longer :sad: .:grumble:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I could not even imagine the feeling of not knowing. I glad everything is ok though. We have been hammered around here too. Yet another severe threat coming today with 2-3 inches of rain possible.
    I have a tornado pic from JUne 4 that I will load here soon. It was 5 miles up the road from us.

Oh my fatsis! That pic is incredibly scary!:noway: Did you take that?!
    I'm saying my prayer for you as well. If it is hitting you today it will probably hit us tomorrow. The thing is, a majority of people do not have flood insurance because the liklihood of this happening was one in a million here. What's next....a cyclone in Cinncinatti?

Midwesterners Unite!!!!
  • fatsis
    Options

Oh my fatsis! That pic is incredibly scary!:noway: Did you take that?!
    I'm saying my prayer for you as well. If it is hitting you today it will probably hit us tomorrow. The thing is, a majority of people do not have flood insurance because the liklihood of this happening was one in a million here. What's next....a cyclone in Cinncinatti?

Midwesterners Unite!!!!

We have had so many storms lately that I am waiting for the walls to crack from all the thunder. Last night was the most nerve racking. Straightline winds. I fear them the most, they have a much wider path of destruction than a tornado. Thank God we were spared. They decreased by the time they reached Peoria.

Oh the pic was done by a friends son w/a camera phone. I am very impressed with the quality.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, i'm glad everything is okay with your home.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful you and yours are safe as well...I pray the water stops rising for all of you!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg!!! so happy you're home safe and sound....I'll even bare that dam ticker of yours because I missed ya soo much!:heart:

hugs!:wink:
    ali

Please be careful you guys....so scary just reading this...i can't imagine how it is for you all!:ohwell:
  • fatsis
    Options
    and if I haven't told you yet, the Blue Angels ROCKED hardcore .....AND.......Indiana Sux!:smile:

They were here in April. They are awesome.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    omg!!! so happy you're home safe and sound....I'll even bare that dam ticker of yours because I missed ya soo much!:heart:

hugs!:wink:
    ali

Please be careful you guys....so scary just reading this...i can't imagine how it is for you all!:ohwell:

Thanks Ali Croft:happy: And I see, according to your new pic, never to mess with you!:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    and if I haven't told you yet, the Blue Angels ROCKED hardcore .....AND.......Indiana Sux!:smile:

They are so amazing! I grew up in the military and we never missed a show. I can't remember who the Air Force precision team is, though. I am having a brain fart. I think I'll google it.
  • fatsis
    Options

They are so amazing! I grew up in the military and we never missed a show. I can't remember who the Air Force precision team is, though. I am having a brain fart. I think I'll google it.

Thunderbirds, I think.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Hey Soup! Glad you had a great trip to Florida. So far up north where I am, we've been spared the major storms this week. We've had rain and storms, but nothing like down your way. Glad your home has been spared. Nothing worse than flooding where there shouldn't be flooding. There are still some places up here trying to recover from the flooding we had during the winter between the snow and rain. Stay safe!