not enough calories

Options
Jes21sica
Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
I eat throughout the day, about 5-6 small meals, I only eat when im hungry or once in awhile when I want a snack. But I usually fall below the number of calories i should be consuming. Is this necessarlly bad? Ill still lose weight right?

Replies

• Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat throughout the day, about 5-6 small meals, I only eat when im hungry or once in awhile when I want a snack. But I usually fall below the number of calories i should be consuming. Is this necessarlly bad? Ill still lose weight right?
  • xKishax
    xKishax Posts: 33
    Options
    We're In The Same Boat. Lately, I've Been Eatinq Under 1,000 Calories & I've Been Burninq 600+ Everyday But It Seems Like I'm Never Hungry. I Eat Almost 5 Times A Day & Normally A Good Bit Of Calories Within Those Meals, But They're All Burned Durinq My Work-outs & I Never Seem To Be Hunqry.. Idk If I'm Doinq Somethinq Wronq.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    First off I want to Welcome you to this wonderful site.....:flowerforyou:

This is a link to a post that is most helpful... It explains a lot... I have it copied and on my fridge...
    Hope this helps.... If not keep asking questions we are all here to help each other....

OOPS I forgot the post here it is

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You should eat the calories MFP recommends! And, you should never ever eat less than 1200 calories a day--and 1200 calories a day is too low for most people even. The less you have to lose, the more you should be eating closer to your BMR.

To eat too little is to risk placing your body in starvation mode--which will not only slow if not stop any weight loss but is also not healthy!