MUSIC, what are your fave blues bands?

Options
Alyshe
Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
I was just wonder how many blues listeners are out there?..... and what are your fave blues bands?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I love the blues, but not really knowledgeable about various bands. Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Pride & Joy" is one of my favorites. Love that song. I think I'll go listen to it right now! :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I have a good bit of Blues in my vast music collection. A lot of it is the older Blues artists and a lot of Delta Blues. Just some of the mix I have are:
    Bb King, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Pinetop Perkins, Robert Johnson.

"Newer" Artists would be: Rory Gallagher, Seasick Steve (both would be generally classified as "Electric Blues". That's all I can remember off the top of my head. But with over 12,500 tracks on my iPod (and that's only about one third of my entire music collection) there's probably a lot more Blues artists buried in there somewhere. :laugh:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hopwlin' Wolf
    Albert Collins
    Muddy Waters
    Albert King
    Eric Clapton
    Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam
    Omar and the Howlers
    Buddy Guy
    John Lee Hooker
    Rory Gallagher
    Johnny Winters

Some crossovers that can do great Blues when they want to:
    ZZ Top (Check out ")ne Foot in the Blues' and "Rhythmeen")
    Paul Rodgers (Check out his "Muddy Water Blues" album)
    Peter Green
    Canned Heat
    Gary Moore
    Rick Derringer (check out "Blues Power" and "Blues Deluxe")

There are so many I can't begin to think of them all. I collect Blues DVD concerts. Have almost 200. Plan to retire in 6 years. Move to Vegas, build a big outdoor kitchen by the pool, put in a big screen and sound system, then sit by the pool, BBQing, smoking fat cigars, drinking single barrel bourbon and watching and listening to music.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the blues...

Lightnin Hopkins
    John Lee Hooker
    Muddy Waters
    Albert King
    Howlin Wolf
    Buddy Guy
    BB King
    Robert Johnson
    Koko Taylor
    T-Bone Walker (He is the original writer/singer of Stormy Monday....one of my Fave songs)
  • RoadDog
    Options
    T-Bone Walker (He is the original writer/singer of Stormy Monday....one of my Fave songs)

I knew I liked you.

I have Stormy Monday by about 10 or more different artists. Fave is either Albert King or Gary Moore.

How about Paul Butterfield, Johna Mayall, Peter Greene's Fleetwood Mac.

How about Led Zeppelin? They took Blues to the next level and brought it back to the U.S.

If you ever get the chance check out El Tri. Their song "El Muchacho Chicho" is one ovf my favorite mexican Blues Jams.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan, but fall into the 'not terribly knowledgeable' crowd. I have the Chess Blues Box set which is a great place to start. I love Elmore James, Albert Collins, Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins, Slim Harpo, Albert King and John Lee Hooker. I also like Robert Cray, and I'm a huge SRV fan. Stevie's brother is a damn fine guitarist as well.

Some other good stuff to follow Roaddog's thinking: The Animals, Ten Years After, Savoy Brown, and of course the Most Blues Wailing Yardbirds.

And being a good Toronto boy, don't forget The Downchild Blues Band, David Wilcox, and McKenna Mendelson Mainline!
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Yardbirds! Absolutely, until they went pop and Clapton jumped ship.