C25K Week 4

Options
Hi
I just did my first day of week 4 in the C25K program and I just need to tell someone how crazy it is. I am dripping sweat as we speak. I did every work out 5 times a week instead of 3 thinking it would help me adjust better but this one still kicked my butt. It makes me nervous to think what weeks 5-9 hold. Maybe I should do 2 weeks of week 4. If anyone finished this program I would love to hear about your experience.
Thanks! Good night!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I did it, a few years ago. It KICKED MY *kitten*, but I felt so good and so proud afterwards. If you're way out of breath, huffing and puffing, then slow down the pace a bit. Looking back on it, I was definitely huffing and puffing for a lot of it, and I think I was probably trying to run too fast.

Anyway, good for you for getting to week 4!! Don't give up, just keep a steady pace.
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am currently re-doing C25k and am on week 3. Previously I got to week 5 and just froze at the thought of running 20 min straight.
    You can do it! If it takes 2 weeks to be comfortable doing week 4 then do it for 2 weeks. Just follow the signs that your body is giving you. :smile:
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I love C25K! I finished the program before and it definitely does start to get crazy around week 4, but you can do it!!

I don't think I repeated any weeks when I did it, I think your body just adjusts and you can push through. Although I will say that some days I felt like I could run forever and then 2 days later when I did it again I could be dying after just a few minutes, strange how that happens.

I'm doing the program again because I fell out of my routine and gained more weight, so I needed to start over. I'm on week 3 right now.

One suggestion I would give is to slow down your pace as the runs get longer if you feel like it's too much for you.

I found last time and this time too I guess that on the quick runs at the beginning I could do 5.2-5.4 paces, but as the runs get longer it's sometimes too fast. I always try to stay at at least 5.0, but sometimes I have to go down to 4.8, depending on how I feel.

I know at the slower pace you won't hit 5k, but eventually once you get yourself up to running the whole 30 minutes you can keep increasing your pace to get there. I am short so running at a 6.0 feels crazy to me and I don't know if I'll ever get there, but at least I have something to aim for.

Good Luck!! I'd love to hear about your progress!