Help with HRM needed! I'm confused!

chiliflea
chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello! I'm in UK and I've decided I want to get a HRM because I'm not 100% sure that the calories the wii says I've burnt are the accurate... Also I'm not sure how much I've burnt when I go to the gym either..

Anyhoo - have got roughly £30-£40 so spend depending on where it's from - don't want anything too flash as all i'm doing really is gym and wii...

Can anyone help me?! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    I just got the Polar FT4 and it seems great, easy to use and all. You definitely need to get one because the treadmill at the gym this morning said I burned 600 calories...hrm says 350. And I researched them, the Polars are supposed to be very accurate. Also, all the reading says ones without chest strap are not as accurate. I'm sure others will have more input as I just started using mine. Good luck.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    HiYa
    amazon uk has a good selection I got the beurer pm70 for Xmas it has a chest strap (100% important) and has fantastic software. I also got the speedbox for jogging but this is an expensive added extra ( that I wouldn't be without) the only drawback is that you will receive way fewer calories than mfp gives you.... Got to be a downside I guess Get one tho fabulous, Debbie
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Check the Polar website and see if they have anything in your price range. I love my Polar HRM - keeps track of calories burned, fat burned per workout, and gives average and max heart rate. Some are rather spendy but I seem to remember they have quite the range. I like it much better as far as calories burned, so I understand why you are looking for one. Most sports stores carry HRMs as well. Good luck!
  • chiliflea
    Brilliant advice peeps! Thanking you all! Been looking at the Polar ones as I've heard good things... Watching one on ebay atm so fingers crossed! Will pootle over to amazon and have a look-see there too...

Thanks again guys x
  • chiliflea
    Bought a pre-loved Polar F4 on eBay last night... Wonderful OH gave me half the money as a "keep it up" gesture... Yay! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.