Work out all at once or different times

girl_brett
girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm curious if it's a huge difference in working out different times of the day! Laterly I've been doing 20 minutes in the morning of either the treadmill or arm or leg workouts on the Kinect. Then in the evening/night, I'll either do 20 minute or 45 minute Zumba or the Kinect or an hour or maybe 30 minutes on Dance Central for the Kinect or something else! It all depends on how much time I have to work with in getting kids ready for school or ready for bed or getting home from their soccer games.

I feel that any time is better then no time. Also, is it better to do it in the evening after you've had food throughout the day or first thing in the morning before eating or anything?

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    I do cardio in the morning. Every other day I do fasted cardio. It starts me off for the day and it helps me burn all day long. I started using an hrm and when I do hiit training you really get a better longer burn.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Unlike the old days, we now know that any cardio exercise done in increments of at least 10 minutes (a minority of researchers say 15 minutes) at a time, is equally effective.

That means if you do 10 minutes of cardio (remember to count only the time that you're in your working heart range), six times a day, it's every bit as beneficial as 60 straight minutes of cardio. You may even have an advantage if you can work harder for that ten minutes at a time, as you would if you were going for 60 straight minutes.

Have fun with it!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I feel that any time is better then no time. Also, is it better to do it in the evening after you've had food throughout the day or first thing in the morning before eating or anything?

You just answered your question. Anytime is better than, no time.

I exersice in the morning before I eat, and I exersice in the evening. Just depends on the day and my schedule. It doesn't matter when you get it in. Just get it in.
This discussion has been closed.