Just starting out....

Options
My sis invited me to join and lose the weight along with her :happy: This means I can't cheat anymore....I'm already hungry, lol.

Replies

• vic_tye
    vic_tye Posts: 26
    Options
    LOL - I am like that too!

Welcome here though, you'll find less hunger and more inspiration here :-)

Friendliest place on the web :-)
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    Welcome to WFP! This is a great place I have been only with this for a week and I really like it. Just remember to log in your food diary daily, and drink your water. It all comes in time.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lol..that happened to me as well, it happened for the first two weeks.but i drank some water then took a walk which seemed to do the trick...i wish you luck w/ your journey and Welcome to MFP...Its a great motivational site.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    lol .... talk about mind taking over body! :laugh:

Keep telling yourself your NOT hungry! .. Drink some water at least 8oz, if your still feeling hungry after that, then have a light snack.

Many times when we are dehydrated our bodies trick our minds into thinking we are hungry! So drink up! :drinker:
  • Tabascoaddict
    Options
    Wow, this really is a friendly site, thx folks!!
  • Brell
    Brell Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for contributing! It is great to see what others share.

I'm Brell... and.. I have just logged in for 5 days in a row! - Baby Steps. Since joining I have
    - been much more concious of what I eat
    - when I eat
    - how I eat - my goal is to slow down.. chew more
    - bought a body comp monitor
    - stepped on it this morning
    - found out it is worse that I thought
    - wrote those ugly numbers down so .. I have a baseline
    - still logged in

I've weighed this amount before (Just under 150 lbs).... with each pregnancy, and six years ago. At that point I went to Adventure Boot Camp and over time got into what I considered to be pretty fine shape. What I did nothing about was actually changing my eating habits... thus.. as I eventually gave up on the exercise the weight has crept back.

This time - I hope to create small lifestyle changes that are sustainable, and get active and stay that way.
    Thanks for being there to listen and support.
    Brell
  • DanWatts1982
    Options
    Hi,

Tell me about it...I have only been doing this since Tuesday and it is a bot of a shock to the system...Fruit instead of biscuits!!! I never thought I would see the day!! lol.

All the best with your dieting...this is my first time, but can't wait to see the results! :drinker:

Dan.
  • Tabascoaddict
    Options
    Wish you the best of luck to you as well. I know all there is to know of diet 101, know what to and what not to eat, and yet I still struggle. I just love to eat & love to eat ALOT. I'm hoping support system is what I've been missing in the past. If you feel comfortable enough, keep me posted on how you are doing and I'll do the same. Btw, thx for the kind words
  • Cindymorse0724
    Options
    Welcome................ Good luck!3859173.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    just starting out is great, I feel like I'm on a food adventure, exploring new menus to make at home and hoping the results keep coming because stepping on the scale and seeing a consistent pound or two gone each week is almost a better reward than the mini goals rewards I've set for myself. I have also discovered that I tend to under eat my calories M-F so I let myself go over on Sat and Sun so my body doesn't think I'm in starvation mode, though to be honest with all the water, fresh fruit and veg I've added I snack everytime I even think I'm having a craving or hunger and it's working great.
  • Tabascoaddict
    Options
    Brell, baby steps are a really good idea. I love this site already, I have a support group, from people I don't even know, how cool is that? Being exposed means I wouldn't want to cheat or lie about my eating habits....feel very aware all of sudden, it's a good thing I think. You’ll be fine :wink: