walking backwards up a hill

Options
I have several hills in my neighborhood and I have recently began walking up some of them backwards. It works a whole different set of muscles. I haven't been doing it long enough to see any real results, but I can feel it working them. Try it sometimes the neighborhood dogs look at you really strange, but they get used to it.

Replies

• lauraanne
    lauraanne Posts: 4
    Options
    I have several hills in my neighborhood and I have recently began walking up some of them backwards. It works a whole different set of muscles. I haven't been doing it long enough to see any real results, but I can feel it working them. Try it sometimes the neighborhood dogs look at you really strange, but they get used to it.
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    I have no Hills :cry:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i do this too! it works so many different muscles, and i get tired from it twice as fast as forward!

i also do funny ski or skate like motions up our hill (ours is actually one big mountain hill) back and forth in a zig zag motion..im sure the neighbors think im nuts!
  • lauraanne
    lauraanne Posts: 4
    Options
    even on a flat surface,walking backwards still works different muscles, try it sometime