How much are weddings?

Options
I'm 20 and dreaming of the perfect wedding. I just need someone to marry first, but I was just curious how expensive are they?

Replies

• SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    I'm 20 and dreaming of the perfect wedding. I just need someone to marry first, but I was just curious how expensive are they?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm planning my wedding right now... getting married AUgust 15th, 2009. Our budget is $10,000.00 which is a TON to us, but we are doing a very small and relaxed reception and not doing a dinner. We had to cut a lot of things to fit our budget. I never thought it would be this expensive. Biggest surprise I've had? The tables and chairs we're renting are costing us $1,200.00!! for tables... and chairs... craziness.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    My Wedding day to a she devil cost £10,000 for the day and the honeymoon, then 2 years later a broken heart, sorry having a bad day today emotionally speaking.

Sorry i am usually a fun lovin guy lol
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    jeez!!!! is that including the table clothes, the utensils and the fancy decor?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Got married 25 years ago (come August) by a Justice of the Peace in my sister's house--cost was $10 for the license and $30 for the Justice of the Peace.

Total--$45.

It's lasted 25 years, which is longer than many who spend thousands and thousands. My brother's cost almost $20,000 and lasted less than a year.
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    aww poor albert! didnt mean to bring up bad memories
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    jeez!!!! is that including the table clothes, the utensils and the fancy decor?

nope, that is for 100 white chairs, 8 round tables, 3 rectangular tables, and 2 chill tables (you fill them with ice and put drinks in them). It does include delivery though. OUr Honeymoon is going to cost us an additional 6-10,000 $$

weddings are a money grab... but I still want one. :laugh:
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    what about the dress? or did you already have it in your closet?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    aww poor albert! didnt mean to bring up bad memories

No you didn't, it's a 3 month old wound and i've been thinking about the she devil alot the past week or so, I have ups and down, and i'm in a bit of a down at the mo as you can tell lol
  • shorerider
    Options
    I got my dress at a local department store--wasn't white but was just a nice dress and something that I could use more than once, if you know what I mean.

Hubby wore his Navy dress whites.
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options

forgive my ignorance but why worry now?
    like you said you have to find someone first
    :huh:
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    do you just save up for them? or do you have to take out a loan?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I saved, I expet most people do, doesn't make sence getting a loan for it, its a start on the wrong foot having a debt.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Some people do take out loans but thats the worst idea I've ever heard. we have some saved for it. we've got about 6000 set aside right now and another year to save the rest. Our parents are going to help us where they can but we are doing the bulk of it.
  • ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    My wedding cost at least $15,000, and that was after telling my ex...and yes 3 years later that is EX wife no to many things. (:grumble: why I ever married her I will never know!)

I would do it again if I fell for the right person though :ohwell: ... what can I say...I'm a hopeless romantic:blushing:

Ty
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    I was just curious because I have a boyfriend and we always talk about marriage, but hes broke!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    all this talk of Exes is depressing me! shush guys. 40-50% of marriages are successful.... thats FOREVER. so while there is a big change of a marriage not working out, there is also a big chance that it will work out. And while nobody goes into a marriage thinking it will end in divorce, I am POSITIVE that mine will not... maybe I am being naive but I can still say that I am sure. and I would happily spend my $10,000 to begin that new life.

My fiance and I have lived together for over a year now and been together for 4 1/2 years total so it's not like we're rushing in :wink: If we're gonna be negative, someone's gotta show us the flip side. lots on MFP have been happily married for many many years :drinker:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Got married 25 years ago (come August) by a Justice of the Peace in my sister's house--cost was $10 for the license and $30 for the Justice of the Peace.

Total--$45.

It's lasted 25 years, which is longer than many who spend thousands and thousands. My brother's cost almost $20,000 and lasted less than a year.

Got married two months ago at the courthouse. $35 plus a "tip" to the judge...then of course the copies of the certificate....all and all, less than $50. O, and I made my own announcements, and that totaled less than $50 as well! I have no regrets!
  • shorerider
    Options
    If we're gonna be negative, someone's gotta show us the flip side. lots on MFP have been happily married for many many years :drinker:

Think I already have--like I said, almost 25 years and counting for us.
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    Good Attitude!

They say you might end up like your parents' relationship (whether it be good or bad). My parents were married for 25 years and then my mom ran away!