does this ever happen to anyone else?

FearAnLoathing
FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
When I exercise the toe next to my big toe,on my left foot goes numb...I cant figure out why.It dosent hurt, but it feels very wierd.

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    It might not be a condition with your toe but a nerve in the ball of your foot thats being affected and it extending out to your toe. Have you tried to use one of those pads in your sneaker to give you a little more comfort in that upper area?

I hurt that nerve and my 2nd & 3rd toe ached for two months. I could walk on it but everytime I tried to exercise it was painful.
  • Sis73
    Sis73 Posts: 28 Member
    I have the same thing happen only its my little toe on my right foot. I thought maybe i tied my shoes to tight so I loosened them and that seemed to help a bit. I work out on an elliptical and I think too that maybe I put to much pressure on that one foot so I try to pick it up a bit like I am actually walking to relieve the pressure. Why this happens I have no idea but this is how I have helped it.
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Happens to me on the Elliptical when I go more than 30 min, I was told to make sure I wiggle my toes every so often to keep the blood flowing.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Ok thanks!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I'd recommend changing your shoes, or at least loosening the laces so they aren't very tight. If they are too tight, they can cause this. Another thing could be to check and make sure they are the right shoe for the activity. Walking shoes, running shoes, and cross trainers all have different stability and can put too much stress on the wrong area of the foot during activities that don't require that stability.
This discussion has been closed.