GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!

Options
K..So... yesterday when I was feeling depressed and blue about this whole weight loss thing I posted on here.. I have found that this is a great way to reach out to others and to get some things off of my chest.... I found some new friends to help support me (and trust me I needed it) and they gave me hope and a pep talk that helped me to pick myself up, dust myself off and get going. It is great to have people to inspire you....In fact yesterday I not only ate and ate well but I came in at under my calorie intake by quite a bit....I really needed the pick me up... Now I just need to find ways to get rid of the night time snack fits or want for something sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions other than to just stay away from the kitchen after dinner?

Replies

• craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If I'm every craving a snack after dinner I will have a cup of green tea.
  • SNR106
    SNR106 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there! I think this is so ironic, because I, too, had a good day yesterday. And, I, too, have the night time snacking problem. What I found was that it wasn't really WHAT I was eating, but just that I wanted something to munch on. So instead of chips or ice cream, I started looking for healthier things, like granola and yogurt. The past two nights ,I've taken grapes and frozen them, so they force you to eat slower. Another tidbit is to buy frozen fruit from the grocery store. Something about ti being frozen, I guess, but it really helps combat those cravings. And of course, drinking a lot of water helps too. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am a big time snacker. I cannot keep myself out of the kitchen at night. I just make sure I have extra calories at the end of the day, because I probably will have the willpower to have a reasonable snack, but I WILL NOT have the willpower to not snack. I also work 7PM to 7 AM 3 nights a week. Those nights I do pretty well. If I had more of them, I'd be alright. :laugh:
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Its ok to have a nighttime snack!!!! Just find healthy things! I have been eating fat free vanilla yogurt with blueberries! Or fudge pops are ONLY 90 calories!!!!!!!! There are yummy things out there you just gotta do some research ;) YOU CAN DO IT ;)
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Glad you are having a better day today!! :)
    I find a cup of tea also may curb my snack feeling. If that doesn't work, or if I don't want tea, I pop low cal popcorn and munch some of that. If you are craving something sweet, try the 100 calorie packs of cookies. (they have tons of varieties!) and eat them slow to savor the flavor and make it last so your not looking for something else
  • andeeinevansville
    Options
    I hear ya! I love this site...so much support and inspiration! I have a sweet tooth too...Sometimes I have sugar free hot chocolate with a few mini marshmallows on top..it takes a while to drink, so it satisfies my sweet tooth..Also, one of my favorites is to have some sugar free banana pudding, layer with a dab of fat free cool whip and sprinkle with 3 or 4 reduced fat vanilla wafers crunched up..YUM! Good luck :)
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like to chew gum but the biggest thing about night time snacks is that your often eating more calories than you think you are so if you really want/need that snack measure it out and make sure you have the calories for it. Raw veggies are filling delicious and very low calorie.
  • Sunshiner29
    Options
    This is some really great advice thank you to all who have posted so far. I will take the items mentioned and try that. I am sure it will help. :happy: