what to do with a blender

Options
I have never had the pleasure of owning a blender before but recently brought one, have practiced making vegetable soups with it but now what ????

I have read up on Smoothies but bit worried about the sugar content.

Anyone got any good ideas besides soups which are suitable for a vegetarian ?

Replies

• YvonneBerdkan
    YvonneBerdkan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    well you can make pesto sauces, spaghetti sauces, healthy salsa dips, smoothies can be healthy, use skim milk or orange juice, low fat yogurt and berrys.
    google ' can it blend. '
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you make your smoothies with strictly vegetables and fruits and plain yogurt, you're laughing! You can also make protein powder shakes and add in your own frozen fruits and berries. Depending on my dairy intake for the day I enjoy 200ml of cold milk, a scoop of protein powder and 1 cup of mixed berries blended together. If I'm looking for a morning pick me up I use 100% pure orange juice or cranberry juice, 3Tbsp of plain yogurt, and mixed berries. You can add a banana to thicken the shake but I tend to go without. Hope you find something that you love! I love using my blender :)
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I make a delicious smoothie, no sugar added to it.

1 cup frozen strawberries (I thaw for about 40 seconds in the microwave)
    1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
    1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
    7 grams plain or vanilla protein powder
    2 tsp olive oil
    Add all ingredients and blend until smoothe. I don't usually need to add any sweetener, but if you prefer, you can add some stevia or splenda.

You can omit the protein powder and the olive oil. I add them because I find that those ingredients help curb my hunger, so that I can get from breakfast to lunch without feeling deprived.
  • lulu64uk
    Options
    Lovely, thank you all for your idea's - much appreciated