Anyone use the giselle and does it work for them?

jaydin85
jaydin85 Posts: 25
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am thinking about buying the Giselle exerciser so that I have something that doesn't take up to much room and I can hop on it to burn some calories or stress in the evenings...does anyone have this and does it work? I need a more efficient way of exercise...something i will stick to but isn't to big I don't have a lot of room!

Thanks!

Replies

• My mom has one which she is giving to me. She says it works well and really gets your heart pumping but she has arthritis so it's too hard on her knees anymore. I have yet to really get moving on it but I plan to try this weekend! Good luck. I'm hoping it helps w/ these womanly hips I'm trying to minimize! LOL
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    I have one and love it. It can get boring to some people but it helps if you "walk" while watching TV or listening to music. I use mine almost daily.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    go for it girl!! any activity is better than no activity and having something in your home is such a major convenience...that's awesome!! That and Tony Little is just so cute and engaging! :blushing: :heart: :happy: :tongue:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I have a giselle. I do not use it very often, but I figure any movement is good. I can get on it, burn calories and stare out the window at the snow. I like the fact that you can put your legs in different position to work (a little bit) different leg muscles. And my grandson gets to work out some of his energy on it.
    NOTE: Hold onto an immovable part of it, not the handle poles, when you get on it. Once you are on, then switch from the stationary bar to a handle pole, one at a time. Then, you will not lose your balance. Same thing in reverse, when you get off.
    Enjoy! :drinker: (water)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    I have one. I like it but it does get boring. It is great in the winter though keeps me going. I always watch TV with it. Enjoy it!!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    I am actually on my third, first was the cheapest model, second was the upgraded version but my ex took it, and last jan I broke down and bought a new one. I would definitely go for the $200 model, it's fairly well constructed. Over the years it has been a great investment for my losing weight...if only i would use it consistently :bigsmile:

Here is a link to a site that will help you calculate calories burned if you decide to buy one.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    I used to use mine all the time. It is very easy to set up in front of the tv and then just fold up and prop against a wall when you are done. Only problem I had was that my feet would slowly slide back and I would have to stop and move them back up. Maybe the soles of my shoes just didnt have enough grip? I also liked that it would keep track of the minutes, distance, and calories burned. Not all models do that though. Good luck.
  • Thanks for the input everyone! I am glad to get a little true review before purchase! Looks like I am buying one!! Thanks again...hopefully this will help keep me on track with esercise !
This discussion has been closed.